New here... have a question about carriers

rickmoore3

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
can i use a jail brock phone on verizion. i have a storm and i hate it and cant get out of my contracts. Thanks for any help. I have serched and couldnt find anything on this. sorry if this has been asked before.

darklingwater

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
First, there is a difference between jailbroken and unlocked. Jailbroken gives you access to the internal file structures of the phone, allows third party app installation via Cydia, Installer, or Icy, and gives you the ability to do a lot more with your phone. Unlocking only allows you to use your phone on another carrier.

As for using an iPhone on Verizon: No it will not work, whether it is unlocked or not. Verizon runs on CDMA which is very different from GSM that the iPhone was designed for. Check google for information on GSM vs. CDMA.

Although there is a rumor out there that a LTE version is being made for Verizon. I doubt this though.

BTW, no problem for asking. Helping is what we're all here for.

rickmoore3

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
First, there is a difference between jailbroken and unlocked. Jailbroken gives you access to the internal file structures of the phone, allows third party app installation via Cydia, Installer, or Icy, and gives you the ability to do a lot more with your phone. Unlocking only allows you to use your phone on another carrier.

As for using an iPhone on Verizon: No it will not work, whether it is unlocked or not. Verizon runs on CDMA which is very different from GSM that the iPhone was designed for. Check google for information on GSM vs. CDMA.

Although there is a rumor out there that a LTE version is being made for Verizon. I doubt this though.

BTW, no problem for asking. Helping is what we're all here for.

thanks for all the info. guess im stuck with my storm till somthing better comes along.:(

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro