Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

4 Posts

Unhappy did i f**k up

I bought a 8g iphone used in ontario and was told it was jailbroke. When i went to Rogers to get a sim and contract....i found that the sim tray was missing.. so i figured no problem....i will get the part from Apple in Toronto. I phoned and the guy asked me the serial number, which i gave him and we set up that they would send me one.
    The problem started when, i also asked him about a problem that i had trying to sync with Itunes. When i hook up to USB it will charge the unit but when i turn unit on, it causes windows to reboot. He looked thru his manuals and then asked ..when you turn the unit on.....not on USB......what do you see? I said a pineapple with a bite out of it,he then proceeded to tell me that it was illegal software installed and that i just voided the warranty and their was no support.
    Ok guys any ideas about why it reboots puter when i try to sync? Also where can i get that sim tray in Ontario and will the Mounties be paying me a visit. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by fogducker; 06-11-2009 at 04:53 PM.

6,816 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

The guy reacted the way he should of. He knew then and there that the software was messed with. Why it's resetting your computer, I have no idea. I'm assuming you are on a Windows machine?

For a sim try do a google search for iPhone parts. There are a few sites out there that you can buy a sim tray from.