Tried to upgrade iphone from 1.1.4 to 2.1 and failed, please help

LDP

May 30, 2009
Visit site
Okay I finally decided to take the plunge and update my unlocked/jailbroken 2G iphone. (I have tmobile.)

So after hours and hours of research, this is what i THOUGHT I had to do:
1. downgrade to itunes 7.7
2. update iphone firmware from 1.1.4 to 2.1 (or something like that) via itunes
3. run Quickpwn

So after I downloaded itunes 7.7, I connected my iphone and got the followin error message: iTunes was unable to load dataclass information from Sync Services. Reconnect or try again later. I didn't think anything of this message, because my iphone still showed up on the side in iTunes.

Next, I clicked update to update my phones firmware.

When the update finished it had an itunes icon and USB cord on the phone screen.

Next, I tried to run Quickpwn and Quickpwn said that it didn't support my firmware.

I don't know where I went wrong or what do now. I tried to connect my phone to itunes to restore it or something and with my tmobile sim card in the phone it says "The SIM card inserted does not appear to be supported."

What do I do now??

Please help

blkcadi

May 29, 2009
Visit site
You need to put the phone in dfu mode and restore and jailbreak again if your stuck on that screen.
You should also have the latest iTunes. 8.x something. Since you have a 2g phone upgrade firmware to 2.2.1

LDP

May 30, 2009
Visit site
Thank you.

I did what you said:
1. upgraded to itunes 8.1.1
2. Put my phone in DFU mode
2. Once iTunes said it "detected an iphone in recovery mode" I chose "restore and update"
3. Then I started Quickpwn and I still got the error message that the firmware on my phone was not supported by Quickpwn

I don't know what else to try at this point.

blkcadi

May 29, 2009
Visit site
Go to iClarified.com search tutorials. it will walk you through the jailbreak process and also has pics, step by step instructions and links to the files you will need.