unlocked on tmobile gets wifi but no edge (gen 1)

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
I unlocked and jailbroke my iphone this weekend. I am having no problems receiveing and sending texts and calls. My wifi network is allowing fast and immediate access. But when I attempt to sign onto the internet without wifi, I get a "Could not activate cellular data network: You are not subscrived to a cellular data service". Problem being, I just got off the phone with t-mobile and my account is up and running with an unlimited data plan for internet, sms and mms. Any ideas?

thanks,
jim

p.s. Is there a way on t-mobile to use mms on the iphone without sending pics via email?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
You never set up the APN under network settings... Do a quick search for APN tmobile settings and you will find what you are looking for.

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
sorry?

I am not exactly uber-tech savvy. So, can I change this APN without having to go back and unlock my phone again. And if I find multiple numbers, how do I know which one I need for my generation 1 iphone?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Yes, go into settings/general/network - try wap.voicestream.com as the user name and leave the password blank.

meadow

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
Getting Edge on unlocked Tmobile Iphone

There is a number that you need to put in which T-mobile will give you. Make sure they transfer you to their data services, and tell them you have an unlocked iphone. Hope that works!