Missing apps after re-jailbreak

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
I just ran the 2.2.1 fw upgrade followed by re-jailbreaking. Some legit apps are not reinstalled. I had been running Big Boss's "Categories" app and I did not remove these apps from the category folder. It is the same apps that are not restoring to the iPhone. I'm also seeing a much larger "other" category for disk usage.
Anyone have suggestions on how to restore these missing apps?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Restore and start from scratch... you should always jailbreak on a fresh install. Or crazy things can and will happen.

lgreenberg

Dec 2, 2008
www.active.com
This is a known issue with leaving apps. inside Categories folders when restoring.

There is an easy fix out there.

For now you'll have to search for it, my wife is yelling at me to get out the door.

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
I know that it's my error for failing to remove the apps from the categories folder. I did a quick search with no good results (more effort tomorrow), but if anyone has the reference to the easy fix, I'd sure appreciate it.
Mark

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, is it possible to get paid apps back after update and re-jailbrake?

Of course, they are saved on your itunes. Just sync them from there. I also think you can re-download them directly from the app store on your phone without being charged again since you already have paid for them.

Skywalker

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Bergman,

Did you reinstall Categories? I had the same issue on a past jailbreak so when I reinstalled Categories I was able to find the apps once I set up each shortcut.

I hope this works for you if you've not solved the issue yet.

;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2