just jailbroke iphone 2g-question

mixthis

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
hello all;

well, i just jailbroke and unlocked my iphone using quickpwn ver 2.2.5-2 and firmware 2.2.1. the iphone came with an unactivited att sim. i used this sim to jailbreak and unlock and everything seemed fine. quickpwn gave me the green checkmarks at each step.

however, i just got a tmob sim and now, i can only receive calls and the phone only displays, wrong sim, phone can only be used to make emergency calls. help...

do i need to redo everything, but this time use the tmob simm????

thanks, getting closer;
mix

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Check to see what baseband you have:

Settings > General > About > Modem Firmware

If it is not 2.28.00 then you will not be able to unlock it.

50LD13R

Apr 6, 2009
Visit site
I have the same problem. My Model Firmware is 4.05.04_G. Is that not unlockable?

And when I restore before Jailbreaking again, do I keep the T-mob SIM in through the restoring process also, or just the Jailbreaking process?

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
I have the same problem. My Model Firmware is 4.05.04_G. Is that not unlockable?
The original iPhone is always unlockable. It's only the 3G that you have to be careful not to update the modem firmware (baseband).

And when I restore before Jailbreaking again, do I keep the T-mob SIM in through the restoring process also, or just the Jailbreaking process?
Keep the T-mob SIM in through the restoring process also. And after restore when phone is rebooting, go ahead and close iTunes before it reboots (it will just b**** about the T-mob SIM anyway) and run Quickpwn. I had the exact same issue when I first tried to Jailbreak (also to T-mob).

My understanding is that if the phone is activated with the AT&T SIM (which happens after the reboot during the restore process if you don't close iTunes or unplug the phone- and it doesn't matter if the AT&T SIM card in question is unactivated just that it's an AT&T SIM), then Quickpwn won't work properly and you get the Different SIM card warning and stuck in emergency mode. But repeating the restore in iTunes without your AT&T SIM should do the trick (followed by repeating the Quickpwn jb process of course).

50LD13R

Apr 6, 2009
Visit site
But repeating the restore in iTunes without your AT&T SIM should do the trick (followed by repeating the Quickpwn jb process of course).

Did you mean with my T-Mobile SIM? Because I've already done it with my AT&T SIM once.

And won't iTunes not recognize the iPhone with the T-Mobile SIM in it when I'm trying to restore? Or is there a specific method to restore the iPhone with the T-Mobile SIM in it?

Last edited:

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
Yes with your TMobile SIM. You can put it in Dfu mode (google it for instructons and explanation) to do the restore.

I think you can also do it with your AT&T sim as long as you close iTunes before your restored iPhone finishes rebooting. That's the point where iTunes prompts you about the device rebooting and the message stays up for 10 seconds or something.