Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

2 Posts

Default already jailbroek iphone 3g 2.0.1 want uprgrade 2.2.1

Hi all, This is my first post here, I hope it will be more helpfull than at other forums where no one has responded . I've done my research, but all thats out there is tutorials on how to upgrade a locked iphone, not an already jailbroken one.

My Situation:
    I have an already jailbroken iphone 3g (1st gen) that I pwned using winpwn. It is currently running fw 2.0.1 and I want to update to 2.2.1 while also preserving the baseband. Currently i'm using a gevey turbosim with a t-moble sim but it sucks (doesn't recieve calls often, even though it says i have full signal) and i would like to use yellowsn0w. I have a pc with both a vista partition and iatkos 4a partition (so i can run leopard on my comp, not emulation..real thing).

1.) First off do i need to upgrade to 2.2 before going to 2.2.1? If so how should i go about this if my phone is already jailbroken (do i need to unjailbreak first?).

2.) Also I left my original at&t sim at school, do i need this in the phone during these processes, or can i take out my t-mobile sim and have no sim in there, or can i leave my t-mobile sim in there? (I asume taking out the turbo sim is probably a good idea). I've seen elsewhere people saying just use itunes to update to 2.2 if your phone is already jailbroken, but at this point I think itunes wants to update me to 2.2.1 and that would be bad and loose the baseband.

3.) Now when i want to update to 2.2.1 using pwnagetool on my iatkos (leopard), can it already be jailbroken, or do i need to reset it (kinduv a repeat question)? I know it prompts you and asks if it has already been jailbroken, but does it matter that i used winpwn and not pwnage tool.

P.S: the iatkos 4a (leopard) is below 10.5.6 meaning it should be able to see my iphone in DFU mode. And if anyone has tried to use pwnagetool on iatkos i would be curious to hear if it worked, thanks so much if you can help
    iPhone Intermediate

202 Posts
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts

It is always good to stay where you are... With jailbreaks be happy it is working.... and stay where it is working...

6,816 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

I don't think I would risk trying this on your computer...
    iPhone Nanite

3 Posts

dude... u dont know ..but iam in exactly ..same situation . whether to upgrade 2.2.1 .or a way to upgrade 2.2. plz ..reply if u figured it
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

just redo the jailbreak.. you will lose your stuff..just put it back on.