Jailbreak and 3.0

spidermanroach

Dec 27, 2008
Visit site
My phone is jailbroken and with this new 3.0 coming out in the summer would I have to wait til a new jailbreak comes out to download the 3.0 then go back to jailbreak? Also, when I do go back to "normal" are all the things that I did in the jailbreak gone and I will have to start over? Thanks

lgreenberg

Dec 2, 2008
www.active.com
Yes and yes.

Every time a new software upgrade comes out it requires you to jailbreak again once you've installed the new version. And with the new jailbreak nothing is saved from the old so you do have to reinstall everything again.

Exactly why I'm still running 2.2 on my phone. I don't feel like upgrading to 2.2.1 and having to re JB and re install everything.

Michael#IM

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
What about the jailbreak apps that you pay for? So that means if you want to upgrade your software you have to pay again for the apps?

Kathie63

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
can we reinstall the jb stuff from our computer? I know it is on open ssh can we transfer the info to vista and then reinstall?

lgreenberg

Dec 2, 2008
www.active.com
Jailbreak apps. that you pay for are usually registered to your iPhone's SN so you'll be able to just reinstall them without having to pay for them again.

Cydia is probably an easier way to install. There is a app. called Apt. Backup which makes a record of all your JB apps. Then when you run it it reinstalls them all one by one for you from Cydia. You still have to reconfigure them all but it installs them all in one shot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2