Now that the betas 3.0 OS supports A2DP

Jeep14

Feb 12, 2009
Visit site
I am still confused with the 3.0 Beta...Is it locked into a Dev. phone when you install it? I just don't want to be stuck. I am used to the PPCGeeks way of doing things and this is the first thing Apple I have ever owned.

Jeep14

Feb 12, 2009
Visit site
Do they? thats cool I have those too...can't wait to use them. If I spend the $100 does that lock me into a Dev only phone or is it just a fully functioning beta version of 3.0?

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Do they? thats cool I have those too...can't wait to use them. If I spend the $100 does that lock me into a Dev only phone or is it just a fully functioning beta version of 3.0?

The dev only phone is a fully functional phone, you are just locked into the 3.0 betas. You can't go back to 2.2.1. So if there are any issues you are stuck with bugs until they update the beta. Also, there are some rules to apply, but most people over 18 could probably be accepted, but it can take up to a couple months.

Also, I just posted my A2DP first impressions here:
http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphone-forum/170530-a2dp-iphone-3-first-impressions.html

Voltaic Shock

Sep 16, 2008
Visit site
You should, but there are some requirements I'm sure, just not sure what they are. I am pretty sure you don't need to be a company to apply though.

I am thinking of just paying the 99 so I can get the OS.

I know I can find it online, but I hear it expires after awhile. I don't need to be out and the OS expires, then I can't use my phone - :p

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
You also need a developer account and profile installed to the phone for it to function I believe, so just having the file won't help much by itself.

Voltaic Shock

Sep 16, 2008
Visit site
You also need a developer account and profile installed to the phone for it to function I believe, so just having the file won't help much by itself.

Now I miss my Bold - :p

I could install any Beta OS and not have to worry, it just worked. I could keep doing that until the official release came out too.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner