Removing Jailbreak software

Louuu Diamondz

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
Let's say for Sh!ts and Giggles I don't want my phone jailbroken anymore and I want to go back to how I originally had it. I know you can restore through iTunes, but what does that restore actually do? Does it put the phone back to the way it was when I originally purchased the phone through ATT ? No apps, contacts, settings , etc ? I would have to input all that over again?

Or does it still at least save my contacts and settings? That's the biggest thing I'm worried about, Losing all my settings and contact information.
When your iPhone does it's "backup" download....doesn't it save and retain all that information?

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Your contacts, etc. can be saved depending on how you have them synced. A full restore will reset the iPhone to the factory settings.

When restoring, it is recommended you do not restore from a backup.

Mr_ink

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
Your contacts, etc. can be saved depending on how you have them synced. A full restore will reset the iPhone to the factory settings.

When restoring, it is recommended you do not restore from a backup.

What do you mean how you have them synced? Would you be able to restore & than backup?

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Best bet is to sync your contacts with Outlook or an online service. Restoring via backup after a jailbreak will restore your contacts, but I have experienced problems with the apps, etc when doing this.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Restoring a backup that is jailbroken is not recommended.

Restoring a backup that is not jailbroken should be OK.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox