Couple Things Before I Jailbreak....

njballer42

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
It seems at though people are having a lot of trouble with this. I have been debating wheather to do this for 2 days now and the more I read the more things I see going wrong then going right. The questions I had were:

1: If it does not work and I want to restore, it it really that easy because people seem to have trouble and if so why?

2: I have an 8 Gig Iphone...is it even worth it to do. Are the apps I'm going to need take up all my memory?

3: I know for a fact I have the right software and the right firmware to do this, but for some reason people are having trouble when they say the same thing. What is the major problem people are having? pushing the buttons right? It seems pretty simple. Me and my wife have to do this to our phones and I don't wanna run the risk of messing both up.

Any Suggestions to eash my mind? Thanks.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
1. Most of the time, yes.

2. Yes in my opinion - depends on what you install.

3. It is a hack, it will not always go as planned. So of course you take a risk. That being said, most of the errors are user errors - even if they don't think so.

Read each and every sticky on the top of this forum. You can get a better idea for jailbreaking there.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Like BA said. Read ALL the stickies first! I would even read through many of the posts to get all the information that I could up front. When I tried to JB mine it did not work. I had to Restore it. (That was no problem) Come to find out I missed a step that someone had mentioned in one of the threads.

Like BA said....User Error.:eek::p

If you do your research, you should be fine.:)

njballer42

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
For Brickman or Bad Ash

You mentioned that you missed a step in one of the threads....shouldnt you of just been using the steps that Jeremy Sikora provided on the link How to: Jailbreak iPhone 3G 2.2.1 - Windows PC QuickPWN Edition?

If I do that shouldnt I be safe...what else could I be missing. I think I am going to do it tommorow but would like to hear from you guys first, I really appreciate it. Any other info before I go ahead and do it. After reading the stickies and a lot of threads I am feeling a little bit better about doing it, at least better then I was yesterday. Thanks again guys.

Nick Z.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
"If you experienced the rebooting loop, that mean you tried to JB while having 3rd part apps installed on the iPhone. I would recommend that you JB when it's freshly restored in iTunes BEFORE syncing any data to it. You can always sync your data and apps after JB is done.

Hope this helps."

This was from another thread and this is what I forgot to do when I was trying to jailbreak. :eek: I use a Mac, but yes if you follow the directions for Windows you should be fine.:)

njballer42

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!!

Thanks a ton guys...I unlocked my phone last night and I can't stop playing with it, hopefully there are no problems in the future.

Quick question though, there should be no problems when I sync my phone on Itunes now correct? Thanks.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Thanks a ton guys...I unlocked my phone last night and I can't stop playing with it, hopefully there are no problems in the future.

Quick question though, there should be no problems when I sync my phone on Itunes now correct? Thanks.

Correct, you will have no problems syncing with iTunes.

njballer42

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
Bad Ash....

I synched my phone in Itunes and it worked out fine....but I did get a pop up saying that there is a new update to the carrier settings on my phone, and it's asking me if I would like to download it. Is that safe? will that reverse my Jailbreak? Thanks again. Also....what is the point of Installer? Cydia seems so much better Ha

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I synched my phone in Itunes and it worked out fine....but I did get a pop up saying that there is a new update to the carrier settings on my phone, and it's asking me if I would like to download it. Is that safe? will that reverse my Jailbreak? Thanks again. Also....what is the point of Installer? Cydia seems so much better Ha

No it will not, it is safe to update that.

njballer42

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
Bad Ash....need help for a friend now

I had no problem whatsoever after I Jailbroke my phone but when I went to help my friend, everything went fine then when I went to open Cydia it says Reorganizing Will Automatically Close When Done and it never finishes that. It just goes to the lock screen and keeps doing that over and over. Any suggestions?

I would really appreciate any answers. Thanks.

Jeep14

Feb 12, 2009
Visit site
For this part of the directions

"This guide will show you how to jailbreak the iPhone 3g only, not the first generation iPhone. Some important notes before we begin: You must have iTunes 8 installed and you must be on firmware 2.2.1, if you are not, be sure to update via iTunes. Also make sure to go into the task manager and disable ANYTHING Apple or iTunes related. "

Is that the task manager applications list or do i need to go to processes and look?

Also...there are some people that have lost connection with AT&T after Jailbreaking...why? and what must I do to fix it if it happens?

njballer42

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
NM Bad Ash....problem solved. It turns out he was pretty much maxed out with memory, once he deleted songs/apps he was good to go. Thanks anyway.

Nick Z.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2