What happened? Jailbroke, but no cydia/installer?!?

kbd517#IM

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
I just JB my 3G from JB 2.2 to JB 2.2.1, preserve baseband on my aluminum macbook, using a USB 2.0 hub as a bridge. It seemed to have gone well, and when I start it up, I get the pineapple logo, despite having unchecked it. everything is working fine, except there is no cydia or installer icon, and a number of my app store apps, which synced according to iTunes, don't show up, either. I'm really confused, and could use some sage advice.

mcdan333#AC

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
You say you were jailbroken before. Did you have the JB app "Categories" installed by any chance? And was Cydia in a folder? And did you restore from backup after re-jailbreaking? I believe the hidden attribute the Categories uses to conceal apps from the springboard is preserved when you do a restore. Cydia and all of your other missing apps are probably there, just hidden from view.

I had this problem after re-jailbreaking from 2.2 to 2.2.1, and unfortunately the only way I could find to resolve it was to wipe my iPhone clean -set it up as a "new phone" in iTunes after JB'ing again.

albireo386

Mar 5, 2009
Visit site
After JB Cydia and Installer are missing

Hi,
I'm having some problems JBing my G3. First, it went into an endless restart. I restored it, and fixed the problem running the script that reinstalls some OSX 10.5.5 stuff. Then I JB again with Quickpwn. Everything seems to be ok, I even get a pineapple logo at restart, but Cydia and Installer are not there. I've tried restoring the iPhone as a new one (with version 2.2.1) and, before installing any 3rd party apps, JBing it again. Everything goes fine, but they're still missing. I've tried on 2 different macs (2007 MBP and a PWM G4 MDD), and on different USB ports, and I get the same result. I've read that some people fixed it setting and unsetting the restrictions in the iPhone, but I still don't get anything.

Any other ideas?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro