Please Help with Jailbreak
I have some serious issues trying to install Cydia (jailbreak) into iPhone. I am quite new to this but at this point wondering if jailbreak is even possible. I tried using:
1) Pwnage Tool
- I tried several different iPhone1,2_2.2.1_5H11_Restore.ipsw versions because I read that it could be corrupted.
- I tried 5 times to enter into DFU mode and restore the custom .jpsw file on my iPhone but I always get an error:
"an iphone iphone could not be restored an unknown error occured (21)"
"an iphone iphone could not be restored an unknown error occured (5)"
During entering in DFU mode:
1. When releasing Power button and holding only Home button, at the 9th second, I get everything halted and iTunes pops up, so the countdown doesn't reach 10th second, so at that point I am "guessing" that countdown has reached 10th second and I release the Home button. Then I quickly have to close iTunes and I get successful message! HOWEVER:
2. When I go back to iTunes, as per pwnage instructions, I get an error something about iPod device not being found. But I don't have an iPod I have iPhone!
3. I then try to force the DFU mode again to get the message from iTunes that I am in Recovery mode, point to the custom .jpsw file, and get the aforementioned unexpected error message!
When using QuickPwn:
I follow instructions but get the same issue with countdown to 9th second when holding only Home button, so I count myself and "guess" that 10th second has reached, release Home button, iTunes pops up, I close iTunes, and the message
"QuickPwn is about to to run on your iPhone" shows up with no progress whatsoever and it stays like this indefinitely until I have to terminate the process manually from shell.
Please, I am not trying to hack for malevolent intentions, I need this for work so I can assess internal file structure of iPhone.
If this is possible to jailbreak, please let me know what I am doing wrong as I have followed all instructions to the letter.