I think I just bricked my iPhone

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I thought I would go ahead and JB my iPhone to see what I could get out of it. I read through the posts and directions for JB 2.2.1 I went through the process and when my phone went to reboot, it juts kept rebooting. Endlessly. It is STILL Rebooting over and over again. It will not stop. I can't do anything with it. I can not even turn it off to Restore it!

I am running 10.5.6 and update 2.2.1. I did not read until AFTER this that if I was on 10.5.6 I needed something else.

How can I just restore my phone so I can start over?

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
I am almost certain that it's not possible to brick it btw, or at least it's extremely difficult to do so.

My brother JB his iPhone and messed with the system files on purpose to see if he can actually brick it; once he put it into recovery mode, it's as new ;)

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Yeah. I finally got it into Recovery Mode and was able to Restore it back to where I was. Whewh!!! I will have to do a little more reading to see what I did wrong and mess around with it this weekend.

Renee made it sound so easy on the last Live Podcast.:D

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
If you experienced the rebooting loop, that mean you tried to JB while having 3rd part apps installed on the iPhone. I would recommend that you JB when it's freshly restored in iTunes BEFORE syncing any data to it. You can always sync your data and apps after JB is done.

Hope this helps.

ScottUrman

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
If you experienced the rebooting loop, that mean you tried to JB while having 3rd part apps installed on the iPhone. I would recommend that you JB when it's freshly restored in iTunes BEFORE syncing any data to it. You can always sync your data and apps after JB is done.

Hope this helps.

I experienced the same loop, when I tried to JB after upgrading a jailbroken 2.2 phone to 2.2.1 using iTunes. (Figured it was worth a shot rather than having to reload the apps). But it didn't work (as expected), so I restored and then rejailbroke. No problems now, other than having to go back and get all my high scores by playing games some more... :)

adamvacancy

Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Ok so I'm a noob.
I just tried Jailbreaking my phone. I didn't do a restore because I didn't want to lose all my current stuff.
I have 2.2.1 on 3G and I ran Quickpwn and everything went fine.
Now I have this endless reboot loop.
When I open up iTunes to restore, iTunes freezes and/or wont show my phone plugged in.

Can someone please explain to me what I need to do.
I'll do whatever it takes to get this dumb thing working again, Jailbroken or not.

Thank you very much!

zukir02

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
Ok so I'm a noob.
I just tried Jailbreaking my phone. I didn't do a restore because I didn't want to lose all my current stuff.
I have 2.2.1 on 3G and I ran Quickpwn and everything went fine.
Now I have this endless reboot loop.
When I open up iTunes to restore, iTunes freezes and/or wont show my phone plugged in.

Can someone please explain to me what I need to do.
I'll do whatever it takes to get this dumb thing working again, Jailbroken or not.

Thank you very much!

By any chance did you read any of the other threads on here about jailbreaking before you tried it?

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site

Hope this helps.

So basically just Restore my phone thru iTunes, just do not put anything on it? Then JB? Then I can re-sync and get all the apps that I had on my phone before JBing back on my phone after JBing? iTunes will recognize the phone?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner