Are you Jailbroken or Not?

Are you currently Jailbroken?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
No, the whole reason I got the iPhone is so I wouldn't have to be messing around with things just to get it to work.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
No, the whole reason I got the iPhone is so I wouldn't have to be messing around with things just to get it to work.

I'm content with the phone as is but... lets face it, who doesn't like the ability to do more things when possible? Either way, I like messing around with technology. Some are simply not cut out for it so I understand people's reasoning for not wanting to. Or you are just happy with what they have out of the box. Kudos.

AZBear#CB

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
Yes, I have jailbroken mine. I wanted to use several non Apple programs such as Intelliscreen and xGPS. I have also used yellowsn0w to unlock it.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I'm content with the phone as is but... lets face it, who doesn't like the ability to do more things when possible? Either way, I like messing around with technology. Some are simply not cut out for it so I understand people's reasoning for not wanting to. Or you are just happy with what they have out of the box. Kudos.

I can see people who really need/want the missing features doing the jail breaks. And I believe it should be their right to do what ever they want with something they paid good money for. But for me; video recording, copy/paste, MMS, and many of the other things people add are things I have never used on my previous cell phones and so I don't care about those things on the iPhone. I don't see why Apple gets so upset at the people who jail break, they should be happy they still bought the iPhone at all instead of buying something else with the features that are missing on the iPhone.

I'm all about messing with my PC and will break it open and mess with the insides and stuff in the OS all the time. But my cell phone I just want to work. I used to dread having to mess around with my old WinMo phones just to get them to be usable to my liking.

Right now everything that is important to me works on the iPhone; the iPod, Safari, Email, Google Maps, managing content, using/getting apps, and sweet games.

Last edited:

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I am happy with the iPhone as is for now. The Apps in the App store keep improving and making the iPhone better, IMHO.:D

I have thought about JB but have not yet. I do not mind "tweeking" things but I do not really have the time now to "tweek". I am hoping that the next major firmware update (3.0 or whatever) will take care of some of the thigs I would like to see. If it does not add some features I may look at JB then ,but for now I am very happy with what I have now.

TheMooch

Dec 9, 2008
Visit site
So far I'm (mostly) content with current capabilities. A2DP is (for me) the most glaring omission though. Copy and Paste is right behind that.

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
Hell yes I'm JB and not looking back. It's not only about the customization, but the extra apps, ex. StatusNotifier, SBSettings, LiveClock and Weather Icon (instead of those static clock and weather icons from Apple), and most importantly: full Arabic support (read/write) that Apple never got themselves to do yet they released the iPhone in few Arabic speaking countries.

thebrain2u

Sep 18, 2008
Visit site
I just jailbroke a few days ago. I'd been holding back on it because I afraid there wasn't a restore option, but there is! Mostly did it for Qik, copy/paste, and really wanted to get the chance to use xGPS when it gets turn-by turn. Getting to use Winterboard to change looks and SB Settings to toggle antennas is just icing on the cake.

ufook

Feb 15, 2009
Visit site
Jailbreak = Liberate

Jailbreaking was scary the first time, but really wasn't that hard thanks to QuickPwn. Now I can get anything I want, including Qik, which is this totally cool video streaming app... Plus, if something goes wrong, as others have said, you can always restore to factory settings. We've taken a formerly jailbroken phone with a bum speaker, restored it and gotten it replaced at the Apple Store under warranty, no problem.

Lexi@ufook

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I go back and forth. I jailbroke to try yellowsn0w, then went pure again for 2.2.1, now jailbroken again to test xGPS.

But I have to bounce :)

cre8tivspirit

Dec 30, 2008
Visit site
Definitely Jailbroken. The very idea that my phone has to look and act like everyone else's phone bothers me to no end. I'll stop jailbreaking when either Apple decides to give the people who are spending hundreds of dollars just for the phone more authority over their purchase or when the opportunity to jailbreak is no longer available.

lgreenberg

Dec 2, 2008
www.active.com
If I wasn't Jailbroken I think I'd probably miss Qik the most.

With three small kids being able to record video anywhere is such a pleasure.

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
I jail broke my first iPhone but I don't see much of a value now. The phone does enough as it is. Also I get tired of wondering if some odd behavior is related to the hacking.

Every time my my old iPhone would act funny I blamed it on the jailbreak. So this time around with my 16GB I decided not to.

Tunnelrunner

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
My iphone is neither jailbroken nor unlocked. I just don't think it's worth the risk but obviously YMMV. (I want copy/paste and turn by turn GPS but I don't want it THAT bad...I can wait)

Besides, I'm not tech-smart enough to be messing around with my gadgets.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73