blank icon!

54321bam#IM

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
I somehow have a blank icon on my iphone now. when i click it, it brings me to a site called dezign999.com and when i try to delete it, the springboard crashes. Anyone know how I can get rid of it?

willistoad

Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I have excactly the same on my phone, theyre web links to some website (dizign999). Think mine appeared after i installed either intelliscreen or snapture. I can delete them but everytime i reboot or respring they reappear. Ever after doing a update through itunes and loose my jailbreak theyre still there. I think i need to ssh in to get rid of the but dont want to mess anything up.

Yek29

Feb 26, 2009
Visit site
Delete blank icons on iphone without ssh

Okay, so a lot of people have jailbroken their iphones, who wouldnt? Well, a lot of those people were left with hidden suprises when they downloaded an app from cydia. After deleting an app...snapture for example, you noticed maybe an extra home page on your phone. On this extra page there are some blank icons. You click the little "x" and delete them, but somehow they reappear by themselves,when you restart your phone and when you sync it. A lot of posts have been saying that you need to ssh into your phone to delete them....WRONG! For those of you who do not know how to ssh into your iphone, like myself, or for those who dont wanna go through the trouble heres how to delete them right on your iphone itself. Here we go, first open up cydia and download the app "finder". It under the system category. Finder lets you browse every file on your iphone and also lets you delete almost anything you want, even apple's preloaded apps. Anyways, after downloading finder open the app. After the app loads, it usually only takes a few second, maybe longer depending on how much you have on your phone, tap the little "~" icon in the top right. After tapping that you will notice that you are taken to a directory with 4 folders. Open the one that says "library". You may have to double tap. Now you will be in a directory with much more folders, scroll all the way down to the folder "webclips", open it. Now you should see all these folder with almost the exact names, these are those damn blank icons. Tap each of these folders once to select them and then tap "file" on the bottom left. That will give you options to copy, move or delete them. Obviously tap "delete". Do this for each of those folders in the "webclips" directory. After you've deleted them tap the little apple icon next to the tilde icon we tapped earlier. Go down to the trash folder, open it. Now you see all the folders you deleted. Delete them in here as well so they dont have a chance of coming back. There you go, the icons are gone! Even if you restart your phone they will still be gone. Sounds like a lot of work, but its really not. I just had to go into detail because so many other posts i've read say that you have to ssh, but you really dont have to. Spread the word on how to do this. Lemme know if this helped.

Last edited:

aureatenova

Aug 13, 2008
Visit site
imo, snapture seems to be more trouble than its worth. i used it for a few days but wasn't really that impressed. it had some nice features (like being able to tap anywhere to take a pic) but I dunno.

54321bam#IM

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
OK so update on my situation. i had to return and get an exchange on my phone (DUST under the screen! annoying as hell) anyways i got a refurbed iphone, and backed it up from itunes. the 4 icons are still there but i just leave them on another page so they dont really bother me. I re jailbroke, and installed a VISTA app that included some IBLANK app. now i have over 12 blank icons!!!!!!! WAT IS GOING ON?! lol im able to delete these ones without the springboard crashing but they re appear after i do an update or install something from cydia! im tripping out rite now lol

54321bam#IM

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
yek ive tried finding "finder" and all I found was "mobilefinder" through cydia which is y I'm still confused with how to get rid of these icons still lol Do i need to install a certain source?

xCiRe

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
i had the same problem, and after going to SB and fix dir permissions, and installing and removing iblank about 5 times it disapeared.

Now i don?t have blank icons.

Hope it helps.

cheers

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2