I am assuming you are jailbroken, so you need WinterBoard from Cydia.
After you install it, follow these steps:
- SSH into your phone (Google if you don't know how; plenty of tutorials)
- Browse to the themes folder (/root/Library/Themes)
- Create a new folder (call it "Test" for now)
- Create a folder inside Test and name it "Bundles"
- Create a folder inside Bundles and name it "com.apple.springboard"
- Create a folder inside com.apple.springboard and name it "en.lproj"
- Create a text file and name it "SpringBoard.strings"
- Add this inside the text file:
- Now, edit the text file to replace "Slide to Unlock" with anything you want
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "by hBLOXs @ iszene.com">
<string>Slide to Unlock...</string>
- Save the file and place it inside the en.lproj folder.
- Launch WinterBoard, select the theme "Test" and make sure you place it on the top of the list.
- Respring and enjoy
btw, you can go back and change the name from "Test" to anything you want and the change will be reflected in WinterBoard. The name will not make a difference in terms of functionality; it's just for you to identify the theme in WinterBoard.
Let me know if you run into any trouble.
I hope this is helpful.