Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

121 Posts
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

Question Official 2.2.1 Jailbreak - Restore from Backup?

QuickPwn 2.2.5-2 is now officially released from the Dev Team that jailbreaks 2.2.1.

WARNING - DO NOT use this QuickPwn if you want to keep or plan on UNLOCKING your 3G, it will update you Baseband and it won't work with yellowsn0w.

Now that this is available, I would like to update but I wanted to check my options.

I would like to keep all my App Store App data, since I'm tired of updating my password keeper and losing all my game stats, etc.

I am aware that it is better to restore as new, but I would like to give restore from backup a try and see what happens. But I had questions about doing this:

1.) I always assumed that restoring from a backup on a jailbroken iPhone was not recommended because Apple might somehow be able to track the jailbreak. Can they figure this out through iTunes?

2.) If you do a restore from backup on a jailbroken iPhone, does it remove the jailbreak and just put back all the non-jailbroken data back on it? Then you QuickPWN it again?

3.) Is there a way to update to the new OS, keep all the current App Store App data, call logs, etc. and rejailbreak?

Thanks for any help.