Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default E-mail attatchments, buisiness cards etc

Isn't the iphone superb? Yes, of course, but.........

I spent hours last night jailbreaking my 3G (Firmware 2.2). Fine. All apps and features work as they have from day one.

What I need though, are the standard features you expect from even the most basic mobile phone, namely the ability to send contact details via SMS/MMS. Are there any APPs out there which support this?

Secondly, it would be nice to have full email functionality where I can save attatchements from recieved emails, and also attatch them to emails to send on again. By this I mean, not just images as already supported, but other types of files such as pdf or office doccuments. Is there an email app around that will do this?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help
    TiPb Forum Staff

1,839 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,898 Global Posts

Contact info (vCards) cannot be sent via the iPhone. You can sync with Outlook and send them that way. A pain, but no other way.

SwirlyMMS can be found on Cydia for MMS. Best bet is to just email photos. Another was is to read this link: http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphon...ternative.html
    iMore Pro

718 Posts

You can send some contact info with MySMS, if you select insert>contact and then choose the contact it will insert their name and the telephone number you select.