** URGENT** im gonna be in so much trouble..

spsands

Sep 10, 2008
www.twitter.com
Heres the deal...

I had already Jailbroke my iphone 3g, no trouble, jailbroke a friends 2g etc... Decided to Jailbreak my wifes phone, she has an iphone 2g.

I have quickpwn 2.2, running mac osx 10.4.11, and Itunes 8.0.2. and I got thru the dfu mode fine... I got to I haz success, I waited for it to reboot and go to the normal screen, it stuck on apple icon, and is stuck in continuous reboot. I cant even get Itunes to recognize it long enough to restore. I have tried for the last hour, it only recognizes the iphone for about a second or two then locks up itunes and beachballs me...

I tried quickpwning again and I get all the way thru again and it still continually reboots. How can I get Itunes to stop long enough to let me restore the phone?

spsands

Sep 10, 2008
www.twitter.com
im trying to jailbreak again... its installing bundles and it already flashed the NOR... Quickpwn seems to have pretty good control of the iphone, its rebooting now... and its stuck on the apple... Iphoto recognizes it... but I cant get anything else.

spsands

Sep 10, 2008
www.twitter.com
Hahaaha!! Yeah!!!

Thanks so much to this poster on the Dev teams comments

"0
ayhan Hi Fasilee,
Connect your iPhone to the laptop. Open iTunes.
Now first shut down the iphone if it is open by holding the "home" button and "sleep/wake" button.
If it is already close still do the same, hold both buttons.
Now You will see and Apple logo.
After 10 seconds release the "sleep/wake" button but not the "home" button.
Hold it until your iPhone displays the "iTunes Restore" logo.
When this happens your iTunes will detect the iPhone and restore it to whatever firmware you had last. Then follow iTunes instructions.
Hope this helps.
Ayhan."

I did this and Itunes finally stopped and caught it.. then it said I needed to download 2.2 so I think I was trying to jailbreak a 2.1 iphone2g with 2.2 quickpwn... I swear! I thought I had updated her software to 2.2...

lets see how it goes, I moved her over to her computer too... so, could be interesting, I think Im gonna lose her contacts. I do have her phone backed up on my computer so, maybe someone will be able to walk me thru getting her contacts from my backup on my computer over to hers... that should be the only trouble now.

spsands

Sep 10, 2008
www.twitter.com
If I was awake I would have told you to put it into recovery mode. Which is what is described in your post above.

iPhone and iPod touch: Unable to restore

I know! :0) I was thinking... why did I do this while Bad Ash was sleeping! I gotta do this stuff in the daytime... but seriously, I looked for that info for forever... I'm sure its stickied to the top of this thread or something...

Of course, I had more troubles, I put my wifes ipod in recovery mode on her ibook, then it went to download the software update which is about 250mb and it took 45 min... so I started investigating and I found this pic below...

Anything that coulda gone wrong did. figures.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711