Free Up Available Memory/RAM on jailbroken iPhone

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I have had no luck in my search on how to free up the most available memory (RAM) on a jailbroken iPhone.

I'm using a 2G iPhone with firmware 2.2 and of course jailbroken. :D

Does anyone know of any way to free up the most memory? I would also like to know what people have as their 'normal' available memory (if using SBSettings).
memory.jpg

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:

lgreenberg

Dec 2, 2008
www.active.com
There is a nice app. in the App Store called "Free Memory."

You can also use the Process button in SBSettings to close running programs.

reyza

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I think Processes, as mentioned above, is great to free memory. It's in Cydia. My memory fluctuates between 13 and 40MB

Last edited:

ScottUrman

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Free Memory (another plug) does free up the ram. It's a lot quicker than a reboot, and accomplishes the same thing. That's why. :)

hotrod#AC

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
Here's my vote for Processes...SBSettings Toggle. I use it several times a day to shut off Safari and iTunes to free up some memory.

drew173

Jan 18, 2009
Visit site
I use both - Free Memory is the best 99 cent app in the store, IMHO. Processes is good as well, but Free Memory is FAST and RELIABLE and ONE-CLICK.

Answering the question of "Why do we need it" -

Well, that's a question for Apple - there is a 3rd party memory management app on their store that is lighting up the sales charts because Apple's own memory management on the device leaves something to be desired.

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Free Memory (another plug) does free up the ram. It's a lot quicker than a reboot, and accomplishes the same thing. That's why. :)

Well I'm only complaining because my phone will have some hang ups here and there...but I do check email all the time, use iPod, Safari, SMS, Tweetie, and Digg app daily...and it is jailbroken...and I have dropped it too many times to count. :p

gshemesh

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
I have had no luck in my search on how to free up the most available memory (RAM) on a jailbroken iPhone.

I'm using a 2G iPhone with firmware 2.2 and of course jailbroken. :D

Does anyone know of any way to free up the most memory? I would also like to know what people have as their 'normal' available memory (if using SBSettings).
memory.jpg

Thanks everyone.

yo man what's the name of that theme/background? looks awesome

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I use the Processes toggle in SBSettings. My memory is usually around 70 then after freeing it up it bounces up to 150 or more.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW