No wifi after jailbreak

icyau

Jan 18, 2009
Visit site
Hello everyone. I jailbroke my iphone last night with all the great information on this forum. Everything went very smoothly. I haven't tried all my apps yet, but the ones I've tried all work.

The only thing is that I'm not getting wifi anymore. I had to reconnect to my network, and this went fine. It shows that its connected. But the 3G doesn't change to the wifi signal and the speed is still 3G.

Has anyone else experienced this? What are my options at this point?

My phone is a 3G 2.2. I'm running XP Pro and used Quickpwn.

THanks.

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
Try disconnecting from your wifi: go to settings, network, wifi, and choose to forget this wifi. Reboot, and try connecting again.

redhot_80

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
i got same problem but i can't find this option in my settings "choose to forget this wifi"
btw my iphone is 8gb 3g firmware 2.2
thanks

topslop1

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
I believe he meant "wifi off" and then restarting the phone and then turning it back on. I tried turning the wifi off and then back on and had no such luck with it detecting a wifi connection.

mmiphone

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Actually, he meant...

You go to wifi, click on the little right arrow on the right side of the wifi network that you want to "forget". Once you do that a screen will open with a "Forget This Network" button at the top. Tap the button and confirm that yes you no longer want to automatically connect to the network. Turn your iPhone off, then back on, return to wifi settings, try to connect with the network again and see if it works.

hazza1125

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
No WiFi after Jailbreak (!!!!URGENT!!!!)

Dear all,

I bought my iPhone Jailbroken and unlocked off eBay. One day, I accidentally uninstalled BlackRa1n and I couldn't install Cydia so, I decided to restore my iPhone in iTunes and a message showed up after I restored it saying my Sim is invalid because it isn't the one it was locked into in the first place. I then BlackRa1ned it again to Jailbreak it but when I opened the BlackRa1n again, It said Check Your Internet Settings so, I went and put in my WiFi settings and it says "Unable To Connect". I have looked it up online and have tried to reset network settings but, my WiFi is still bad. I need my WiFi to install BlackSn0w to unlock it or i'm screwed!

Can you also help me with my GPS and my YouTube as they don't work either. (Well, obviously half of the YouTube problem is that I don't have WiFi! Lol)

Thanks guys! :)

Math C-J

May 26, 2014
Visit site
My ipod tells me that the wifi is allright. He shows me that it works perfectly but everything that needs wifi tells me that there is no wifi! I tried to reset my wifi settings, and it didn?t worked so I tried to reset completely my ipod but my ipod didn?t wanted to! He shows me the Apple logo with a white little bar, then a loading sign that is standing there and don?t want to go. I asked some of my friends who are better than me with those things and they all could not help me. Is my ipod scrap? (scuse me if I did some mistakes in my writting, I usually speaks french)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal