3G unlock

Osnaz

Nov 16, 2008
Visit site
You need to enter the repository source: Cydia source: http : // apt9 . yellowsn0w . com

remove the spaces, i cant post links yet :)

RyoSaeba

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Hmm... looks like the Dev Team is releasing a premature soft unlock. I know they work hard and it's free but man, don't use us as guinea pigs on testing your soft unlock just because they feel they had to release something after all this time...

Of course, unless you're already on 2.2, but chances are if you're reading this, you've follow the Dev Teams recommendation to NOT update...

I mean, what if it doesn't work and we want to go back to 2.1? Too bad? New turbosim? I think I'll wait for at lease a 1.0 or maybe even a 1.1 before I update.

In this article, it seems the unlock is working for 1 out of 3 people... are you a gambler?

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Stuartino

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site
1. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
2. If you had read the dev team pages, you would know that they said is beta.
3. All beta software usage carries an inherent risk
4. You are not being forced to use this software, they are not microsoft!
5. They have worked for months for free, for your ingratitude.
6. They can't possibly test every sim type in every country with every network.
7. It works for the vast majority that follow the instructions properly
8. It even works for all the idiots that ignored the original advice not to uprade to 2.2
9. It works for me T-Mobile in UK
10. Whilst everyone is entitled to their own opinion, if you can't say something helpful or nice, keep your opinion to yourself.

shwy

Oct 5, 2008
Visit site
...well have you tried using the "unlocked" phone since using Yellowsn0w? ;)

No t-mobile sim to use it with. My aunt comes today and has t-mobile so I might test it then. My unlock was pointless... I don't have a second carrier and almost never travel (I've never been out of the country) but I did it anyway. IDK why.

CJ225

Jan 3, 2009
Visit site
Theyve released a .95 version that I believe has fixed most of the issues people were having....I;m still waiting for my phone to come back from repair before I can try it tho =(

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2