Debating Jailbreaking but a little nervous

EmEuS

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Ok so this is the weekend I said I would jailbreak my iphone 3g. In reading the material about JB it seems a bit much. I am nervous about bricking my phone etc. Here is what I want to know/ask everyone:

Is it worth it
How do you put these JB apps on the phone
Can I still use itunes and everything I already have?
What are the chances I will brick my IP?

Thanks
E

rfg17

Aug 2, 2008
Visit site
1. The plusses definitely outweigh the minuses (biggest plusses: PdaNet, Cycorder; more minor plusses: Notifyer, SBSettings, Backgrounder; biggest minuses: having to re-jailbreak for every FW upgrade, losing some app data/settings if you're not careful about backup/restore, though AppBackup and AptBackup help here if you're careful).

2. Use Cydia. Pretty nice installer app. I find Installer to be worthless.

3. Yes.

4. Same as when you do any FW upgrade, i.e., pretty slim.

Just follow the tutorials here and other places. If you use QuickPwn for Windows, just follow the directions on the screen.

BTW, Stick with PdaNet 1.33 version. 1.40 requires a license fee after 14 days use. Look around to find archive versions of 1.33.

Last edited:

EmEuS

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
ok so i officially feel like a woos....lol

seriously though worked like a charm wish i would have done this months ago. Thanks guys fro talking me into it.:)

EmEuS

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
*wipes drool off of keyboard*

its like a whole new phone....i feel like a kid again. BUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

rfg17

Aug 2, 2008
Visit site
I've never had the phone freeze or reboot randomly, w/ or w/o jailbreak. I've had apps die (frequently). Also, some apps (like Notifier) cause a restart of SpringBoard, which could look like a reset, I suppose. I have had SpringBoard die very infrequently, which causes it to be restarted in "Safe Mode" (grey background). I've just rebooted when that happens and everything is fine afterward.

megscd

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
When I first jailbroke my iPhone "randomly" rebooted a few times. Later I read the instructions and they said it would do that (eg, for Winterboard). No problems since.

EmEuS

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
When I first jailbroke my iPhone "randomly" rebooted a few times. Later I read the instructions and they said it would do that (eg, for Winterboard). No problems since.

you are right i guess it is the iphone working itself out. I must say I am SO happy I jailbroke...anybody who is debaing......DO IT.....it will truly make the iphone the best on the market.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Jailbreaking your iPhone is one of the best things you could have done besides buying the phone. It's like owning a brand new phone. The options are unlimited, the video recording and pdanet are just 2 of the reasons I jailbroke mine. Enjoy yourself.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods