Jailbreaking Iphone 3G on Windows

Turkish

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
I'm having problems jailbreaking my Iphone 3g 2.2 on Windows. The phone has never been unlocked or jailbroken before and is already upgraded to 2.2 firmware. I followed all the instruction manuals on Quickpwn 2.2 I could find but I keep getting stuck in recovery mode before the phone can be jailbroken. I've wiped all the apps, restarted my computer more than once, redownloading Quickpwn and ran it more than once but nothing seems to work. Clearly I'm doing something wrong. Can somebody help me with this?

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
double check iTunes is not running at all.

Open Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) and make sure you end all the tasks relating to itunes including ituneshelper.exe and ipodservice.exe

and then start QuickPwn.

and this problem happened to me before and I fixed it by a complete fresh restore with itunes and then do NOT sync anything to the phone (do not sync apps cause if you did, deleting them form the phone will not help).

Last edited:

Turkish

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
Open Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) and make sure you end all the tasks relating to itunes including ituneshelper.exe and ipodservice.exe

Do you mean in the processes tab? I was afraid to do that because it said I could possibly lose data and what not.

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
yea, in the processes tab

After the itunes restore is done (where it is safe to unplug it - although do not physically unplug it), close itunes and go to the processes list and terminate any process has to do with itunes. then launch Quickpwn.

This is a requirement for Quickpwn to function properly. And no, you will not lose any data when you terminate the processes.

and remember not to sync anything from itunes until the jailbreaking process is over.

Let me know if that works.

Last edited:

Turkish

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
That didn't seem to work either. However, I was able to jailbreak the phone on someone elses computer. The problem now is that I can no longer get any service with AT&T. What's up with that and how do I fix it?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711