Restore Settings after 2.2 Jailbreak?

RedBaron

Nov 16, 2008
Visit site
I jailbroke my 3g/2.1 iphone last week and now i want to upgrade to the 2.2 firmware and jailbreak that. I'm clear about how to do that but what I'm not clear about is whether i can restore my settings after I jailbreak 2.2. I'd like to retain my text messages, favorites, WiFi Passwords, etc. Is this possible?

I THINK i can restore my backup from iTunes after I jailbreak but I thought i read some where that this can cause problems. Can anyone shed light on this for me? I can always just do a re-sync and get all the important stuff - apps, contacts, etc. But I'd really like to retain all my system settings and other items that get saved in the backup.

Thanks!

RedBaron

Nov 16, 2008
Visit site
figured it out

Nevermind. The first time I jailbroke, I tried it from a late 2008 MacBook Pro which doesn't recognize the iPhone when in DFU mode. I didn't realize that at the time so I tried EVERYTHING, including wiping the iPhone and starting over. That's why I didn't have any of my system settings, etc., after my first jailbreak and had to do a full restore. This time around, I did it correctly with QuickPwn and everything is still there. WOW! Way less painless that way.

In case anyone else has the late 2008 MacBook, I understand you can get around this problem by using a USB hub to plug the iphone into, as opposed to plugging it in directly to the computer.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2