Jailbreaking Help Urgent

rfigg24

Nov 25, 2008
Visit site
Im a new user and i want to jailbreak my iphone. I just updated to the 2.2 version via itunes. I have everything set-up where my computer and mobile me account and my iphone are synced together, where any changes in contacts, ical, etc. would change it on all three of these devices. So my question would be if i jailbreak my iphone would this cause any problems with the syncing of these three devices? And say there is no problem, but i run into problems with my iphone after jailbreaking like system errors or whatever it may be...is there any way to store my current iphone settings as a back-up on my computer so that i can always restore back to my liking it if there are any problems?

Thanks. Sorry, this is all new to me.

AppAttack

Nov 4, 2008
Visit site
I'll give it a shot but I'm not really a genius in this field:

If you backup your phone as it is now, say something goes wrong (it shouldn't, just follow the directions and relax), then THAT backup will be THE backup your phone will go to. I just jailbroke mine last night (feels good to be back!) and I had to reinitiate my mobileMe info just like when I got the 3G the first time. All of that information is stored "outside" of your phone so after the jailbreak, you just collect it again and put it back. I hope this helps...if I'm wrong anyone, please feel free to slap me. Good luck!!

rfigg24

Nov 25, 2008
Visit site
One more thing....If i want to keep At&t do i need to downgrade to version 2.1 or will i be fine if i just use the 2.2 with the QuickPwn?

AppAttack

Nov 4, 2008
Visit site
If you're already an AT&T subscriber, you don't have anything to worry about. If you're NOT an AT&T user than I don't know :( I didn't change carriers (AT&T) when I jailbroke...I only did the jailbreak to change my appearance and download some stuff.

rfigg24

Nov 25, 2008
Visit site
ok one quick question before i start the jailbreak process. I can just use the QuickPwn program and not the QuickPwn Tools to jailbrek and keep my at&t? Sorry if this is really confusing. Im all new

spsands

Sep 10, 2008
www.twitter.com
ok one quick question before i start the jailbreak process. I can just use the QuickPwn program and not the QuickPwn Tools to jailbrek and keep my at&t? Sorry if this is really confusing. Im all new

Yes, you can use quickpwn... the pwnage tool and other stuff is for the users that want to jailbreak and save the baseband in case they want to unlock the phone to a new carrier at some point down the road.

ErnieA

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
I have a question. I have a 2g iPhone with the 2.2 update and jailbroken. But fir some reason today the dialer will not let me make calls. When I touch the phone icon to make a call it opens shows the dialer for a breif second and then closes. It won't let me dial a number, bring up my favs, or my contacts. Any suggestions as to why this is happening and what I can do to prevent it from happening again and what steps I need to do to fix it other than a restore and re-jailbreaking. HELP

emilio2575

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
AppAttack: You seem very helpful and nice enough to make sure the guy you were helping out got the jailbreak down.

So I wanted to ask you a question.

Here is my info:
Iphone 3g
updated to 2.2
using At&t as my carrier and don't want to change.
Only looking to have the capability to change themes, get video recorder and be able to type in landscape mode.

I am really nervous about jailbreaking my iphone 3g. I'm scared that I'll mess something up and that it will somehow stop working.

My question to you is and I'm sure you've prob answered these on most of your posts already but is quickPwn the only thing I need to use to jailbreak it? And where can I find this quickPwn?

If I somehow manage to screw this up can I use the restore backup on my itunes? If so how would itunes know which backup copy I want to restore to?

Last edited:

emilio2575

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Hey man I noticed that you just jailbroke your phone. Was it easy enough? Did it take away any useful features you were used to before JB'ing it?

Any suggestions or advice that you can give me would be great.

Thanks.

emilio2575

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
"ok one quick question before i start the jailbreak process. I can just use the QuickPwn program and not the QuickPwn Tools to jailbrek and keep my at&t? Sorry if this is really confusing. Im all new"

Will I have an option to use this QuickPwn progran and not the QuickPwn tools when Jailbreaking my Iphone?

Thanks sorry for all these questions. =/

rfigg24

Nov 25, 2008
Visit site
No it was pretty simple and straight forward. It took me around 10 minutes. Nothing went wrong, I still have everything that i originally had on it. It works great. You should for sure do it. Good Luck!

emilio2575

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Thank you so much for answering. I will try it tonight. I was just worried that I would lose some of the functions the Iphone came with by jailbreaking it.

One other question... while doing the jailbreak Will I have an option to use this QuickPwn program and not the QuickPwn tools when Jailbreaking my Iphone? I'm only looking to add those extra features (themes, landscape typing mode etc. etc) I want to stay with my AT&T carrier so I won't need to unlock it.

Thanks again... this forum is great!

ErnieA

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
Yes u don't need the
Tools. Just quickpwn. It's super simple and easy. U only need the tools I beleive if u don't have Att.  so don't sweat it. Just follow the instructions and you should be good to goif somethin happens just restore it and do it againand maybe say a lil prayer  this time 

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711