Crashing and lags after jailbreaking

Frozen001

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
SO I jail broke my iPhone 3G, and there are some apps I really like, but I have experienced lags, and random crashing/reboots since then. I only have a handfull of apps installed, but is this common?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Personally I'd restore via iTunes and the jailbreak again. It should be more stable than your are experiencing.

Frozen001

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
Personally I'd restore via iTunes and the jailbreak again. It should be more stable than your are experiencing.
When I jailbroke this last time, I stated with a fresh restore, and did not restore my backup. I then Jailbroke the phone, then did a sync to get my apps, calendar, and contacts back on the phone. Should I have done something different?

I typically will get 1 or two crashes a day. More will occur under heavy use.

hotrod#AC

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
weird. I don't have any problems. I occasionally will get Safari crashes, but I attribute that to Java script and low memory resources.

Other than that, mine runs good. Intelliscreen and Safari cause my biggest slow downs. But if I force Safari to close each time I exit, things stay much more peppy.

Read this. It is very enlightening...

iPhone battery | iPhone News, Help and Guides

Frozen001

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
Well I restored my iphone to stock last night. Lags are gone. I read the link you sent, and from that I am thinking intelliscreen may have been the cause. Any similar apps that do the same, but do not cause the problems that intelliscreen does?

Have not jail broken again yet... I may wait a bit and see if the new firmware comes out like predicted...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner