Email wonky after jailbreak

sethclifford

Sep 25, 2006
about.me
So I LITERALLY just jailbroke my phone. Now when I have no new messages in my IMAP account, it shows a "-1" on the home screen and instead of "inbox" it says some weird number (4294967295).

If I get a message, it doesn't go to "1" but shows no mail - like it canceled out the "-1" and went to zero.

I deleted the account and re-added it, as well as rebooted twice, but the same thing is occurring. Does anyone have an idea why?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Not sure that has anything to do with the jailbreak as I've had that happen to me with a iPhone that was not jailbroken. All I could do to clear that was a restore of the phone and started from scratch.

tuna

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
I had something kind of like this happen with me when I jailbroke the first time, except every time e-mail would open it would just crash, and I could not delete or add any e-mail accounts. The only thing that I could do was what Bad Ash said, restore and start over. After I restored and re-jailbroke, problem was fixed.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
And I know you guys hear it all the time from me... restore and then jailbreak again but that's just something that you can not avoid when you are jailbreaking, hacking, whatever. So I don't mean to sound like a broken record but most times it's all you can do.

sethclifford

Sep 25, 2006
about.me
No, it's cool, I think a lot of us assume that's the case when mucking around like this. I know I do. As easy as jb'ing is, you're still making low-level changes where you shouldn't be, and you have to expect that things go south. Thanks for the tip - I'll give it a shot and see what I can find out.

FYI: After a second restore and jailbreak, things are normal.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro