Several Jailbreak Questions!!!

iphonemilk

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
Hey everyone... i'm finally thinking about caving in and Jailbreaking.

I have a few questions though i'm hoping to get answered....

-Is it slower? to have a jailbroken phone on 2.1 rather then the Real official 2.1?

- I noticed that on one website someone had an application that had FOLDERS on his home screen and when you went into those folders it would have the Apps. sort of like making folders for Games, Utility, Media. THen inside those folders he had all of his applications.
What is that called? and if i jailbreak... how do i install it and get it on my phone!

- last question, does anyone know any other good UI tweak Apps once you've jailbroken? and how to install them?

Thanks!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Not slower.

Not sure exactly, never used the folders. [another member was talking about that recently in another post, I'd link it but I'm in a hurry.]

Winterboard - available via Cydia

Hope this helps.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I use folders.

It is a program called categories. You can create a categorical folder, then put different applications in it.

So instead of having 7 pages of applications, you can have a directory/subdirectory process.

However, it is't a "real" folder setup. The folder is actually an application that opens up, and then runs the application you choose from within. But it functions that same as a subdirectory.

So now, instead of having 3 pages of games on my iPhone (which I didn't like), I have all my games in a separate subdirectory.

Chris

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73