iphone 3g shows no service. please help.

amit85

Oct 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi all. Please help. I bought an iphone 3g from USA. I unlocked it in Singapore through a turbo sim and it was working fine. However, since today morning it is not recognizing the sim card. The remark it shows on the top left side is no service. All other features are working except phone call and sms. I have tried all remedies as per apple user guide but nothing seems to work. I cannot restore the software because then i will have to get it activated again via AT&T, which cannot be done with phone being in singapore. Any suggggggestion what can i do.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I've always warned people from using these bogus SIMable hacks... they don't work and if they do it's not for long! Chances are the hack is not working.

bassem777

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
no service on 3g

hi there
you probabely have a 2g turbo sim card. disable the 3g function on your iphone settings and it will be ok. otherwise get your tel sim card use it on another regular phone log on to the network turn off your phone and insert again your sim with the turbo sim in your iphone it should fix your problem:):):):):):)

amit85

Oct 6, 2008
Visit site
hi there
you probabely have a 2g turbo sim card. disable the 3g function on your iphone settings and it will be ok. otherwise get your tel sim card use it on another regular phone log on to the network turn off your phone and insert again your sim with the turbo sim in your iphone it should fix your problem:):):):):):)
I checked 3g function is already of. I tried my sim card in other phone and it worked fine. Reinserted the turbo sim and the sim card but same problem persists.

Hiram#IM

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
Turbo Sim

Hi there,

I have the same problem.
I lose the network every time I shut the phone off or pass through an area that has no connection.
Bassem 777 is right, it works for me, but sometimes I must repeat it a couple of times before I get a signal.

The turbo sim is not the solution!

Any crack out there???

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh