is unlocking the same thing as...

cruiz1022

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
when i get the iphone.. its gunna be from AT&T and unlocked.... does the iphone need to be unlocked like the blackberry where i had to call tmobile and get an unlock and all that.. or will i be able to unlock it myself using those steps in this forum? I need to know because im going to get the iphone today from her and i need to know if she needs to get the code

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
If it is one att at the moment it is NOT unlocked. You will have to unlock it yourself and that does not require calling tmobile. They will do nothing for you.

cruiz1022

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
no i meant the same way i had to call tmobile to unlock the curve i have now.. is that the same way she needs to call ATT to unlock the iphone

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
While I am not 100% sure on this, my guess is you will have to unlock it yourself. How? No clue, never used a BB so I never have bothered to look that up. Sorry I can't help you out more.

cruiz1022

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
wait no lol... i already unlocked my BB curve so she can use it with ATT(i had to call tmobile and within 24 hours they gave me an unlock code)... my question is... does she need to call ATT the carrier to unlock the iphone with a 10 digit code the same way i did.

or can i, when i get the phone, unlock it with all the programs to jailbreak and unlock that are on this forum