will not connect to tmobile internet

anixon92

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
2.0 unlocked and jailbroken with cydia installed. phone works fine with tmobile but can not connect useing tzone or 19.00 internet. i have installed tzone hack .... i can connect to my home wifi.
i have had tzone for 5 yrs with raza phone without problems. i have removed reinstalled tzone hack and still nothing. i have even taken monday and dropped tzone and got 19. internet sevice and still nothing. i have when to setting general, cellilar data network, type in apn::: wap.voicestream.com. internet2.voicestream.com and nothing.
help only got iphone for using internet at work but thinking of going to a regual phone again.
thanks
al

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
If you are on the tzone hack I'd say get rid of it... especially if you are currently on the $19.99 plan. Which I know from experience that it will not work. The $19.99 plan and wap.voicestream.com will work.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
bad ash so your saying to uninstall tzone hack and to just type in the wap.voicestream.com into the apn.

I can't be so sure that is your only issue, you may want to start over from the start if getting rid of the tzone hack does not work. I'd say get rid of the hack, reset the device and see what happens. If it does not work, I'll try helping from there.

anixon92

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
iphone

hello bad ash,
im the one with 8gig with tmobile and cydia 2.0 . i called t up and have the 5.99 plan. now. i have rebooted without tzone hack installed and cann't get on. also installed tzone hack and no good either. now the signal we have here is all bars because tmo antanne is 1/4 mile away. now i did not type anything in the settings. just to clear and understand. this week at work another fellow had a tmobile wing and has the 5.99 plan and he could get on wing but i could get on iphone. theres another iphone at work which is on att and he can connect to wifi work and i can connect but lose it when i leave building but he's connected outside without any problems.
any help
thanks
allen

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
hello bad ash,
im the one with 8gig with tmobile and cydia 2.0 . i called t up and have the 5.99 plan. now. i have rebooted without tzone hack installed and cann't get on. also installed tzone hack and no good either. now the signal we have here is all bars because tmo antanne is 1/4 mile away. now i did not type anything in the settings. just to clear and understand. this week at work another fellow had a tmobile wing and has the 5.99 plan and he could get on wing but i could get on iphone. theres another iphone at work which is on att and he can connect to wifi work and i can connect but lose it when i leave building but he's connected outside without any problems.
any help
thanks
allen

If you are trying the t-zone hack, which I have heard can be a pain to get working, you still need to manually input the network settings. I know for the $19.99 plan the settings are wap.voicestream.com but that will not work for what you are trying to do. I'm sorry I do not know the setting for that off the top of my head. Try a quick google search.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
If you are trying the t-zone hack, which I have heard can be a pain to get working, you still need to manually input the network settings. I know for the $19.99 plan the settings are wap.voicestream.com but that will not work for what you are trying to do. I'm sorry I do not know the setting for that off the top of my head. Try a quick google search.

Agreed. Also, try howardforums.com tons of info.

anixon92

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
so not to get smart. how is the best way to have tmobile internet on the iphone so it can be used for internet use.
or should i just forget the whole iphone thing. and stick with tmobile phones so i have internet. i know i could wait till nov. and get tmobile new phone coming out to kick iphones.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
No offense to future Tmobile phones but I don't see any new tmobile phones coming out that will come close to the iPhone. Also the problem may be in the tzone hack you tried. I'm not sure because I am not jailbreaking at the moment but that hack may not be compatible with firmware 2.0 or 2.0.1. That may have been your issue from the very beginning. So I would do what I said earlier. Retore the phone, re-unlock/jailbreak it. Use the $19.99 package along with the network settings of wap.voicestream.com

I know for a fact that will work. My girlfriends iPhone is set up that exact way with Tmobile.

Also remember if you call Tmobile and switch your data that can take up to a couple of hours to work... Good luck.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox