Appearance Apps

IrishJK09

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I wouldn't count on them to be honest. The UI layout of the iPhone has always been one of its selling points, and I don't know if Apple wants people changing that. I would LOVE for someone to create a Today Screen type skin though. I would even go so far as to pay $20-$30 for one.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I wouldn't count on them to be honest. The UI layout of the iPhone has always been one of its selling points, and I don't know if Apple wants people changing that. I would LOVE for someone to create a Today Screen type skin though. I would even go so far as to pay $20-$30 for one.
I agree with you. I don't think Apple is going to allowing skinning or themes on the iPhone. I wouldn't want to change it anyways, so this doesn't bother me. I know it will certainly bother some people, oh well, they will live with it.

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
It might require a hack. I think Apple might allow it too. The only problem, and I'm putting myself in Jobs' shoes here, is it kind of ruins that Apple uniformity. Because the device is dominantly represented by the screen, changing the theme might be like changing the phone.

...Apple is probably hammering out the details of "app admittance" as we speak; else they have already done so.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Everything with Apple is a waiting and guessing game. It's not a I will tell you what we plan on doing so you can wait.... it's I'm going to see what you come up with and tell surprise or disappoint you in a couple of months.

timebomb16

Jun 22, 2008
Visit site
yeah . . . i personally don't see any flaws in the interface . . though i would change the docks BKG to like a 2D glass dock . . . that's about all (and if it's as easy to do as it is on leopard i'll have it done pretty quickly.) Other than that i really don't see any need to clutter up an extremely user friendly interface with an ugly "today screen" those things are just . . . ugh i would go crazy from the clutter if i had to use one every day.

anyone with me on the dock thing?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
You can "clutter" up the today screen sure, like stated above that is not for me either but you can also clean it up a bit with JB'ing apps like customize and SMB (like stated earlier in this thread). To each his own. You also have the ability to change things like the dock, even remove it completely. Possibilities are endless. Which is something I can't see Apple giving the us ability to do some from a app in the app store. My guess is JB'ing is the only way to go when it comes to customizing the home screen.

bomba

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
the only way that i know of that will let you change the appearenct/theme of your phone is to jailbrake it, worth a shot . . .

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
There is a new customize that will be out for 2.0. For anyone looking to have full control of the home screen appearance wise that's the app you want. And I did hear it will not be making it's way to the app store so jailbreaking is the only way to go.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2