Missing icons and how to restore?

CrackedBarry

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Hello everybody!

Hope you guys can help me with my issues...

I sold my ipad in April, tried to get by with an Android tablet since then, briefly became suicidal because of that, and gave in and got another ipad2 last week.
(Oddly enough i prefer Android on mu cellphones... Anyways...)

When I got it, even before I connected it to a conputer, it gave me the option to restore the icloud backup I did in April. Five minutes later, and all my old pictures, folders and apps are back just the way I used to have them. "Wow! Thats really neat! Apple sure makes it brilliantly effortless!" I thought, and rekindled my love for tablets.

Yesterday however, I decided to jailbreak it, like my original ipad2 was, but couldnt get it ro work no matter what I did. I finally backed it up in itunes, reset and erased everything and sure enough: This time absinthe 2.04 decided to work with my ipad.

However...

1. The Safari icon is gone. How do I get it back?
2. The backup only saved pictures and stuff that I have taken/modified over the last week. All the stuff from my old ipad, the April backup, is gone. How do I get it back without losing my jailbreak? Can I reset/erase and restore the April backup without losing my jailbreak?

Thanks alot, and i hope i dont seem like a complete imbecile!

CrackedBarry

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Come on guys... Anybody?

The icon for some reason has come back, but Im still not sure whether another erase/restore would cost me my jailbreak...

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
If you restore your "old backup" from the cloud, where you had all your pictures and stuff, you could then transfer the pictures to your computer...
Absinthe shouldn't have failed, it was just a glitch I'm guessing, there's no reason why it would work or not work depending on which backup you loaded.
So I'd restore using the backup your happy with, with all the pictures, then try absinthe again

CrackedBarry

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a lot! How do I restore the backup? Through iTunes, or the tablet?

I HAVE thought about reset and erase it again, and then choose the old April restore image, but since my iPad is jailbroken that's not the best idea, right? I've heard it can take a good 12-16 hours to do the reset/erase on a jailbroken iPad, besides the risk of losing the jailbreak and ending up with a non-functional unit...

coolpanino

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Well I don't know about the pictures, but to fix missing icons, all you have to do is get the free cydia tweak iWipe Cache from the repo apt.modmyi.com . It clears your springboard cache and resprings your device, restoring the icons.

Hope that helps.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a lot! How do I restore the backup? Through iTunes, or the tablet?

I HAVE thought about reset and erase it again, and then choose the old April restore image, but since my iPad is jailbroken that's not the best idea, right? I've heard it can take a good 12-16 hours to do the reset/erase on a jailbroken iPad, besides the risk of losing the jailbreak and ending up with a non-functional unit...

iTunes.

Don't have much experience with iPads but at least on an iPhone a wipe and restore from new takes < 30 minutes.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73