Jailbreak

Sam.L

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

I'm struggling with my iPhone 3G after I jailbroke an unlocked it.

I jailbroke the iPhone 3G on 4.2.1 using redsn0w and then had a tethered jailbreak on my phone. I also updated the baseband to the iPad baseband so I could do an unlock using ultrasn0w.

I then tried to restore my iPhone and it hasn't worked since.

I've tried to 're-jailbreak' it but it seems to be failing. The iPhone will jailbreak upto "Uploading kernel" and then I get a white spinning disk on screen (like I used to get when SpringBoard crashed). I'm not really sure where to go from here and I appreciate your time.

Thank-you.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi there,

I'm struggling with my iPhone 3G after I jailbroke an unlocked it.

I jailbroke the iPhone 3G on 4.2.1 using redsn0w and then had a tethered jailbreak on my phone. I also updated the baseband to the iPad baseband so I could do an unlock using ultrasn0w.

I then tried to restore my iPhone and it hasn't worked since.

I've tried to 're-jailbreak' it but it seems to be failing. The iPhone will jailbreak upto "Uploading kernel" and then I get a white spinning disk on screen (like I used to get when SpringBoard crashed). I'm not really sure where to go from here and I appreciate your time.

Thank-you.

Hi, if you updated the baseband I don't think it will work because you need to use a custom IPSW file of IOS 4.2.1.

So what I would do is restore you phone using a custom IPSW file. Download snowbreeze and you can download and create a custom IPSW, then restore with that. Jailbreak and with Redsnow. I don't think you have to install iPad baseband again, but do it again just I case. Once jail broken, install ultrasn0w and you should then be unlocked and jailbroken.

I'm fairly confident this will work. Let me know how you get on and shout if you need anymore help.

Good luck. :cool:

Reactions: Sam.L

Sam.L

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi Ollie,

Thank-you for helping, firstly!

I have created a custom IPSW using snowbreeze however I'm not able to do anything with this.
I've tried to jailbreak the iPhone using Redsn0w 0.9.6rc16 (the one I've always used) but it says the IPSW hasn't been recognised. Could you recommend the correct version for me?

I did Google this but couldn't find any information.

Thank-you,
Sam

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm not an unlocker so I can't help you with that.

Normally I think the 1600+ series errors are caused by a USB connection problem. Perhaps using a different cable and/or port will help.

Also are you using DFU mode? Why not just do a standard restore or try recovery mode first?

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi Ollie,

Thank-you for helping, firstly!

I have created a custom IPSW using snowbreeze however I'm not able to do anything with this.
I've tried to jailbreak the iPhone using Redsn0w 0.9.6rc16 (the one I've always used) but it says the IPSW hasn't been recognised. Could you recommend the correct version for me?

I did Google this but couldn't find any information.

Thank-you,
Sam

Sam,

I've found this. Think we have found the problem:

How to bypass iTunes error 1600, 1601, 1602, 1603, and 1604 (Mac and Windows) | Let's Keep it Simple

Try this.

Reactions: Sam.L

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner