IOS 5.0.1 Music Issues (JB)

Crown510

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi

I jailbroke my Iphone 4S and all seems to be working fine with a few glitches here and there. Anyone know how to get rid of the white icons when they randomly appear? Anyhow the real reason why I'm posting is because I wanted to see if you guys are coming across the same problem I am. I successfully JB the phone and all seemed to be working fine but when I tried to play a music (I PURCHASED via Itunes) it would not play. What I did was delete from the music screen and redownloaded it via Itunes purchased history. Well this morning I woke up and I received a receipt for the song but I already purchased it what gives? I'm afriad to redownload all my purchased itunes library because I'm afraid i'll get charged when I already know I purchased these songs and they are in my itunes purchase history! Any help will be appreciated. Thanks to all in advance!

nk416

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Similar problem. My jailbroken 4S (actually both mine and my wife's) were playing songs in iTunes match out of order, or not at all. It was a complete mess.

Restored as new and all is well again. Not going to jailbreak again until this issue is figured out.

DaPeeps

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I had this problem too - I deleted all my songs that were locally stored and downloaded them again via icloud (I have itunes match) and now they play fine. I think its an issue with permissions getting screwed up after Cydia is installed and configured.

scionwest

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
I've had the same issue too but noticed it is only with playlists. I've deleted the songs from my iPhone and re-enabled iTunes match and it still breaks on playlists. Playing tracks works though.

Posted from my iPad using Tapatalk

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
OK, I just tried it. It only happens in playlists with purchased music. I am going to re-synch.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
OK, I just tried it. It only happens in playlists with purchased music. I am going to re-synch.

I did some more digging because I was too lazy to re-synch everything. This happened to me before I jailbroke. I manually synch music in iTunes to my iPhone 4S. I noticed when I viewed purchased song on my iPhone they were all greyed out in iTunes. So I delete them on my iPhone in iTunes and drag them back from iTunes library back to iPhone and all is well.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
i too had used .2 jb and still had the music issue.
i have my music synced old school style and physically stored on the phone, so what i did was update itunes to the latest version(10.5.3), then deselect sync music and synced the phone-thus removing the music from the phone. I then re-synced the phone again, but this time selecting the box on the music tab to sync music to the phone. This removal and resync post jailbreak should fix the music not playing issue. Least it did for my iphone4s.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
i too had used .2 jb and still had the music issue.
i have my music synced old school style and physically stored on the phone, so what i did was update itunes to the latest version(10.5.3), then deselect sync music and synced the phone-thus removing the music from the phone. I then re-synced the phone again, but this time selecting the box on the music tab to sync music to the phone. This removal and resync post jailbreak should fix the music not playing issue. Least it did for my iphone4s.

Exactly what I did. Solves the issue.

sofryj

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
That's cool...I'm glad there is an easy fix for this. This is my first jailbreak, and I wasn't looking forward to going back to stock. I was worried Apple was punishing me for jailbreaking..haha..since it only seemed to effect the music I purchased and downloaded directly to my phone. :D

brearose74

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Music Deprived!

I had this problem too - I deleted all my songs that were locally stored and downloaded them again via icloud (I have itunes match) and now they play fine. I think its an issue with permissions getting screwed up after Cydia is installed and configured.

Hi, I have the same problems as you guys with BOTH my iPhone 4s and my daughter's iPhone 4 (incidentally she is going stark raving mad! :rolleyes:). I tried to do the above but I have found I can't delete the music from my phone via iTunes! It brings it up and I can select it but I can't delete via the delete key, nor can I right-click and delete... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys :)

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
There is no delete key. In iTunes on the left click on the device. Then on the right side click on music and uncheck sync music and apply change. Otherwise you could try to manually manage music and video under summary-options.

brearose74

May 28, 2012
Visit site
There is no delete key. In iTunes on the left click on the device. Then on the right side click on music and uncheck sync music and apply change. Otherwise you could try to manually manage music and video under summary-options.

Hi Sherlock! I meant the delete key on my keyboard :eek:... Sorry for not explaining myself properly! I'll try your suggestions and let you know. Thanks! :)

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi Sherlock! I meant the delete key on my keyboard :eek:... Sorry for not explaining myself properly! I'll try your suggestions and let you know. Thanks! :)

Hi brearose, Oh I think I understand what you said now. You don't remove music by selecting it and hitting "delete". iTunes manages music and adds/removes it based on playlists, artists, albums etc you tell it to add or sync. So basically just uncheck all the music - sync - check what you want on the device - and sync again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative