Just Got a New ATV2 Should I Jailbreak?

dmarks83

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Most definetly! Stock Apple TV is pointless unless you have a huge collection of MP4 films on your PC/Mac.

Jailbreak... Install XBMC... Addon IceFilms plugin and stream 77,000+ Films and TV shows straight to your TV without needing computer on.

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
You can jailbreak an ATV?!?!?! seriously, I had no idea, I'm going to go read through the jailbreak forums to find out how and why. Is there access to free content....omg so excited to learn this....to think I was happy with a stock ATV!

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Most definetly! Stock Apple TV is pointless unless you have a huge collection of MP4 films on your PC/Mac.

Jailbreak... Install XBMC... Addon IceFilms plugin and stream 77,000+ Films and TV shows straight to your TV without needing computer on.

and once one does this is there a fee for using the XBMC or Icefilms? Is the movie content good? I have netflix streaming and their content is ehh

Chris Parsons

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site
and once one does this is there a fee for using the XBMC or Icefilms? Is the movie content good? I have netflix streaming and their content is ehh

XBMC is free to use, but when it comes to IceFilms well -- you get what you pay for there -- it's free to use and it makes use of uhh..shall we say non legit resources. If the quality isn't up to snuff for you, you can hardly complain about it. If you're picking up what I'm putting down..

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
XBMC is free to use, but when it comes to IceFilms well -- you get what you pay for there -- it's free to use and it makes use of uhh..shall we say non legit resources. If the quality isn't up to snuff for you, you can hardly complain about it. If you're picking up what I'm putting down..

I get what you are saying- I am trying to decide still on why I want it lol- I have netflix and two out of three of my TV's have blue ray that connects to netflix- I just ordered a vulkano flow to watch live tv on my iPad in my kitchen and other places- Third TV has DVD player but would consider a Apple TV if it brought something new to the table... Just getting netflix not enough-

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
just got my atv. i want to jail break but dont know if i should wait for untetherted or just do it...

edit: jailbroken, now don't know what to add or how to add it... any help?

Last edited:

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
So I got one from eBay and it's already jailbroken and has those. How do you add other stuff? Was looking for NHL network. Not sure if it's available. Do think I'm canceling Netflix.

NHL comes on it, but it's $$$ subscription.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.

MedicHacker

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
4.3?

I need some help since searching is not getting me anywhere. Ok will seasonpass work for 4.3 fw since this last update? Also do i have to use the latest seasonpass or find one for 4.3? seems like there is only 1 seasonpass that was updated a few times not individual versions for specific firmwares? any help would be great. I received my ATV on Xmas and have not updated it yet.

v6mikey

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I have my atv2 jail broken and tried xbmc. Wasn't for me at all, I found it too complex. I could not get it to connect to my pc to play my ripped movies.

I installed plex instead and it is excellent. Totally recommend it. Have a look at YouTube and search for atv2 and plex.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77