iOS 5 Untethered Jailbreak shown on video

RemmyZero

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
double hell yes. I need my JB apps, but the lack of ability to reboot sucks, even with semi-tether. now the only thing is for the cydia app developers to make everything iOS 5 compatible!!

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
So I bet everyone heard the news about pod2g's untether for iOS 5 and iOS 5.0.1
Full Details: iOS 5 Untethered Jailbreak Now a Reality - iodine Dev

Will you be jailbreaking your iOS 5 device, if you haven't already, when the untether is released?

As soon as a JB for the 4s comes out, I'm on it! Pod2g tweeted that he thinks it should work for the 4s and iPad 2, but hasn't tested it yet.

No release date yet, I'm thinking (hoping) we'll see it out by christmas at the latest.

anon(4742778)

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
As soon as a JB for the 4s comes out, I'm on it! Pod2g tweeted that he thinks it should work for the 4s and iPad 2, but hasn't tested it yet.

No release date yet, I'm thinking (hoping) we'll see it out by christmas at the latest.
I hope a Bootrom exploit for A5 devices will be out soon, since some Cydia apps would be better with the extra speed.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It's safe considering I have used redsnow 5.0 Ipsw to JB a 5.0 and 5.01 I would assume its ok to go to 5.0.1

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
If the dev team waits until 5.1 will that make us who are jailbroken with red snow on 5.0.1 out of luck? If 5.1 is out we won't be able to restore without upgrading. Can you re-jailbreak over another jailbreak without restoring?

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If the dev team waits until 5.1 will that make us who are jailbroken with red snow on 5.0.1 out of luck? If 5.1 is out we won't be able to restore without upgrading. Can you re-jailbreak over another jailbreak without restoring?

Any thoughts?

Do some research on iFaith 1.4.

Is it publicly available yet? This thread makes it sound like it is. If so, where to get it? Thx

When it comes out, it will be everywhere short of the eight o'clock news. :)

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Do some research on iFaith 1.4.

i do not think some people really understand how important this process is..

unfortunately they will only realize after it is too late and then there will be endless threads of "can i jailbreak (untethered) on 5.1.x??" when all along they had the tools to keep them in an Untethered status

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
i do not think some people really understand how important this process is..

unfortunately they will only realize after it is too late and then there will be endless threads of "can i jailbreak (untethered) on 5.1.x??" when all along they had the tools to keep them in an Untethered status

Can you use the benefits of this app (which is Windows only AFAIK) even if your primary machine is a Mac? I have Parallels and can run iFaith, but uncertain if I'll need whatever iFaith offers to be running on (Windows) the same OS that I have my iPhone backup (Mac). Thanks for any feedback as I unapologetically hijack this thread :D

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Can you use the benefits of this app (which is Windows only AFAIK) even if your primary machine is a Mac? I have Parallels and can run iFaith, but uncertain if I'll need whatever iFaith offers to be running on (Windows) the same OS that I have my iPhone backup (Mac). Thanks for any feedback as I unapologetically hijack this thread :D

I have read somewhere on these forums that TinyUmbrella has been updated to support iOS 5.x.x. This might be worth looking into.

As for iFaith and Parallels, I can't guarantee it will work (only one way to find out ;) ). If you use BootCamp and boot into Windows, the chances of success will increase to 100%.

Last edited:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Tinyumbrella and redsnow are going to update soon to be able to save 5.0 blobs... That being said... Ifaith saves them now (except4s and ipad2) and tiny umbrella saves 5.0.1... So there is no need for anyone to be left out!

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I understand that I can use iFaith and downgrade to 5.0 but what my question is, should I un-jailbreak now and wait for the untethered to come out or will I be able to use the new untethered jailbreak after 5.1 comes out? This is assuming that 5.1 is NOT an untethered jailbreak and I wouldn't be able to down rev.

Any help?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73