Issue With Connecting USB (cydia related)

twosixer#IM

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I've had absolutely no problem with my jailbroken ios5.0.1. Got plenty of Cydia apps/tweaks, and etc. Recently ive installed iCleaner and ever since then, my computer wont recognize my phone. If no one is familiar with the cydia app, it deletes unwanted/junk files and frees up space. Anyway, I rebooted the pc, installed updates, reinstalled itunes, rebooted phone, safe mode, tried different cables, different ports, different pcs. Nothing.

My question is, could iCleaner have possibly deleted a file that lets my pc/phone be detected via USB? Does anyone know what that file or command might be?

Thanks in advance.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I've had absolutely no problem with my jailbroken ios5.0.1. Got plenty of Cydia apps/tweaks, and etc. Recently ive installed iCleaner and ever since then, my computer wont recognize my phone. If no one is familiar with the cydia app, it deletes unwanted/junk files and frees up space. Anyway, I rebooted the pc, installed updates, reinstalled itunes, rebooted phone, safe mode, tried different cables, different ports, different pcs. Nothing.

My question is, could iCleaner have possibly deleted a file that lets my pc/phone be detected via USB? Does anyone know what that file or command might be?

Thanks in advance.

I've installed Icleaner, ran it a few times and have not had an issue connecting with my USB...
Doesn't mean it's not a problem though.... Maybe I'm lucky... Also I didn't run the program from terminal, just the GUI

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't know where it is on the phone but in sure there is one... I know on windows there is a service that might've been stopped... Have you tried restarting computer?

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Not being able to sync is a common error in iTunes in general...

Have any files changed on your PC? You might run SFC or scan for hardware changes to see. Have you tried a manual sync? Then go back to normal and re-enable automatic syncing.

brittag

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
An older version of PhotoAlbums+ was causing this problem for some people. If you have that tweak, make sure it's up-to-date.

Another option is to try booting with Substrate disabled (hold the "up" volume button while booting) and see if syncing works. Reboot again to go back into normal mode. If syncing is fine, a tweak may be causing the problem.

You could also try emailing the author of iCleaner to see if they have any ideas.

Reactions: 3cit

tres

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
An older version of PhotoAlbums+ was causing this problem for some people. If you have that tweak, make sure it's up-to-date.

Another option is to try booting with Substrate disabled (hold the "up" volume button while booting) and see if syncing works. Reboot again to go back into normal mode. If syncing is fine, a tweak may be causing the problem.

You could also try emailing the author of iCleaner to see if they have any ideas.

re installation of photoAlbums+ did the trick! Thanks!!!

Hamzah Mohammed

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem
- I used different PC
- I used different Cables

I am trying now to restore my device but I cant since no computer can recognize it because my ios is 4.3.3 which cant update via OTA
Can someone help me with this issue ?

airbornenate

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
As suggested a few posts below, powering down, then continue to hold the volume up button, which disables Mobile Substrate, worked for me. Enjoy! Pangu works on all devices on the latest IOS- 7.1.2 now.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2