What are your favorite Activator actions?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I started playing around with Activator the other day and quickly realized there was a lot of really cool stuff you could set up with it. I was wondering if anyone here had any favorite Activator actions, any set ups that were especially cool, functional, and time saving that they'd be willing to share?

What are your go-tos, your must-haves, your can't-live-withouts for Activator?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
right away i always use the volume up, short hold (next track) and volume down, short hold (previous track) for iPod, or any music player

very convenient. this has to be on Apple's to-do list

Dean211284

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Swipe status bar left for backgrounder and status bar right for multiflow.

Hold home button to post to twitter account linked with iPhone.

Hold volume up for twitkafly. (post an instant tweet to a different twitter account than the iPhone linked account. Or Facebook too)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
double tap statusbar for Messages+ Quick Compose (Anywhere)

i've had problems with the default 'From Screen Bottom'

Thegreatone3

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Swipe up from bottom to reveal multi-task icons. Just seems natural and now I can't do without it. :) Never liked the double-tap.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't think any of mine are especially innovative, but I couldn't imagine my phone without them:

Statusbar Swipe Left: SBSettings (also Swipe Up From Bottom Left for Lockscreen)
Statusbar Swipe Right: Messages+ Quick Compose (also Swipe Up From Bottom Right for Lockscreen)
Statusbar Swipe Down: IntelliScreenX
Statusbar Double Tap: Open Camera
Statusbar Hold: Show currently playing song info via NowListening

Volume Buttons
Press Both: Safe Mode (nice to have a back door in case of trouble)
Up and Hold: Take Screenshot

Home Button Triple Press: Compose Tweet
(I'll probably change this, but that's where it's at for now)

I may also explore the idea of using Activator to just launch a custom menu...so instead of having all those different Statusbar swipes, I would just have one swipe that would bring up a menu with those different options. Not sure I'd stay with that, but it's an interesting option.

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I have swipe from bottom and swipe from right go to multifl0w, but that might still do something in an app depending on what app I'm in, so I also have double click goto multifl0w. Double click from lock screen opens camera, and triple click from lock screen, or swipe from above in lock screen opens flashlight. I might have some others set up too, activator is a very useful tweak.

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
On Lockscreen:

Double tap for music controls
Triple tap to quick compose new text (Messages+)

Anywhere:
Double tap sleep button for flashlight (subject to change though)

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I set it for when I swipe up from bottom it brings up the multi-task icons and double tap the statusbar for SBSettings. Also have volume up-down set to safe mode.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
On plug-in and unplug, I have it set to open battery logger. Double-tap status bar brings up the switcher, and a hold on the status bar is a home button click.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
1) when I swipe right across the status bar my multi tasking bar pops up.

2) when I double tap the status bar my CallBar dialer pops up.

That's all I have for now but activator has made using an iPhone soo much easier. It should be default with every iPhone.

Sent from my Jailbroken Facebook Machine using Tapatalk

spyPhone_im

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Swipe left/right across status bar - SBSettings
Swipe up from bottom - Zephyr multitask
Double tap home button (home screen/in app) - multifl0w
Double tap home button (lock screen) - iPod functions
Short hold volume up - next track
Short hold volume down - previous track
Triple tap home button (lock screen) - voice control
Double tap sleep button - springflash

Last edited:

Psychonaut

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
First post!

I'm fresh in from webOS, may it rest in peace. Got a 4S on Sprint and jailbroke on day 3 or 4.

Activator is awesome and while I'm only 3 or 4 days into jailbreak, so far I've got it configures thusly:

-Triple tap home unlocks or if phone is already unlocked activates M+ courtesy of IntelliscreenX.

-Double click 'on/off' turns flashlight on/off

-Double tap home activates multiflow (which I have configured to expose, not cardview, despite coming from webOS! Ha!)

-Single tap home also launches multiflow when at the home screen.

-Swipe in from left launches camera

-Swipe in from right activates last app

-Short hold volume up activates music controls. This behaves really interestingly. If I do NOT have music already playing or paused, it launches the music app. If I DO have music playing or paused it brings up the little controls at the bottom of the screen (forgive me, don't know my iPhone terminology yet). Anyway. I like the way this behaves.

-I left the default swipe the status bar to activate sbsettings, but that's subject to change as I more often access settings from the Intelliscreen top drawer.

Anyway. Diggin' it. And I'll withhold my big webOS vs. iOS tirade for now. I do have some ideas for Activator though. It (kinda) reminds me of Mode Switcher from the webOS homebrew scene, which in my opinion is an equally remarkable piece of programming (but much more difficult to use than activator). Let's see, I'm new so I'm guessing it won't let me post links right? Here goes: http:/ /ww w.webos-internals.o rg/wiki/Application:ModeSwitcher

Anyway. I think it could be said that Activator, much like Mode Switcher, works with triggers and effects. Triple tapping home triggers M+. The things is, with Activator all the triggers are manual, physical input: "tap that to do action x" "swipe this to do action y". I wonder if the dev has considered triggers that DON'T involve physical input, such as "When phone becomes connected to wifi SSID A, perform action B" or "At so-and-so o'clock perform action C". Just a thought. Is there anything like that that already exists for iOS?

Anyway some more... Didn't set out for my first post to be a novel. I expect a few TL;DR responses, heh. But it's safe to say I'm enjoying my sexy new iPhone and that I'm glad this community exists, because I've already learned a lot from it even before my first post.

Thanks all!

Last edited:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
First post!

I wonder if the dev has considered triggers that DON'T involve physical input, such as "When phone becomes connected to wifi SSID A, perform action B" or "At so-and-so o'clock perform action C". Just a thought. Is there anything like that that already exists for iOS?

There is ischeduler which can activate events, profiles, and apps at specific times....

Reactions: Psychonaut

chadillacaz81

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
activator

-double click status bar for multi flow (home)
-double click sleep button for spring flash (anywhere)
-swipe status bar to the left for insta url (home)
-swipe status bar to the right for SBS settings (home)
-swipe down from status bar left hand side for FB (home)
-swipe down from status bar right hand side for my bank account (home)
-hold sleep button for my camera app (anywhere)
-double tap clock from lock screen to bring up Shazam

A little secret is to not fill up all your activator options at once. Do a few and use them until you get really proficient with them then add some more. If you add a lot at once more than likely you will forget you have some. These are how I have my activator set up. I love it and I believe it to be one of the "must haves" on a jailbroken iphone.

LouisCameron

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Volume Buttons

Volume up, short hold (next track) for iPod, or any music player
Volume down, short hold (previous track) for iPod, or any music player
Press Both: Play / Pause for iPod, or any music player