App like SwitcherPlus for iOS 5 JB device?

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I really liked a few features of SwitcherPlus but tried installing after my 5.0.1 JB on an iP4 and had endless reboot requiring a restore. So, I'm not gonna try that again. Is anyone else using SwitcherPlus on a 5.0.1 JB iP4? Anyone know of a good app that relaces the functionality to kill all active apps running in the background, pick favorites to always appear at the beginning of the switcher row when activated? Thanks!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
currently i use KillBackground but it does not have an "exception" feature, yet. it works great on iOS 5.x

i like SwitcherPlus too and have been waiting for them to update. maybe someone should send them a nice little email?

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Just sent an email asking if the author would update. I'm grateful so many devs have made updates for iOS5. Nice to be able to keep using these apps after upgrading!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
currently i use KillBackground but it does not have an "exception" feature, yet. it works great on iOS 5.x

i like SwitcherPlus too and have been waiting for them to update. maybe someone should send them a nice little email?

Hey, have you tried WeeKillBackground, for use in ISX and/or Notification Center? I'd like to find something to use there since the Remove BG SBSettings toggle doesn't seem to work there anymore. (Though it works fine in SBSettings itself.)

Last edited:
Reactions: talkin73

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i'm not a fan of NC widgets or anything other than notifications in the NC. some screenshots an videos i have seen just go way too overboard for my liking

i feel like the NC should be just for notifications, and ISX if course! weird, i know

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Hey, have you tried WeeKillBackground, for use in ISX and/or Notification Center? I'd like to find something to use there since the Remove BG SBSettings toggle doesn't seem to work there anymore. (Though it works fine in SBSettings itself.)

I'm gonna give this a try to se how it works, thanks. I also really miss the ability of SwitcherPlus to have a "favorites" list of apps that the user can select which always appear on the first screen of the switcher. It makes launching favorite apps a lot faster and if you combine with Shrink to have smaller icon sizes, fitting up to 6-7 apps in the first switcher screen.

Any other apps you guys know of that can duplicate the favorites feature from SwitcherPlus?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Not exactly, but Remove Background let's you exempt apps from being killed. So if you killed backgrounded apps then opened your switcher only those exempt apps would be there.

Reactions: talkin73

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i'm not a fan of NC widgets or anything other than notifications in the NC. some screenshots an videos i have seen just go way too overboard for my liking

did not know i can add more than one item to my 'Top Shelf' in ISX!

so now i do have WeeKillBackground, StatusGoogle and MusicCenter installed in my NC and are hidden, as well as ISX QuickSettings, until i need them

WeeKillBackground works great by the way!

mehrad121

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
problem with sweatcherplus

i installed sweatcherplus for ios 5 but it doesn't work on ios 5 and moreover i can just see the apple logo on my screen i mean it doesn't let me to turn iphone on so i must restore it but unfortunately i can't do it too because itunes can't know my iphone please help me

dano22

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Just got done with emailing with the devs of Bite SMS and SwitcherPlus, an app I really liked.

This was the response to me question: Will switcher plus see an iOS 5 update?

I don't think there are any plans for SwitcherPlus, so the answer is "no".

Sucks.:(

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner