BiteSMS vs. Messages+

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
With IntelliScreenX performing so well for me, I'm excited to try Messages+, the new SMS extension from the devs behind ISX. I had already enabled it in the ISX Settings, but one thing kept coming up: tapping Reply on a message in the Notification Center opened BiteSMS, and I couldn't find a way around it.

So, I've done what would have been unthinkable to me just a week ago: I've uninstalled BiteSMS. Whether or not it stays uninstalled depends on how well Messages+ works over time, but the fact that it is already making me consider jumping ship from Bite is pretty amazing.

One nagging issue (and, ironically, it concerns the reason I first considered using it over Bite) is in the Quick Compose window: it offers an option to add MMS (which the dev behind Bite has always refused to do), but I can't seem to add a picture. Pressing the camera icon and then Choose Existing doesn't seem to do anything. Can anyone confirm that this is working or not working?

Small bugs aside, I have to say that IntelliScreenX and Messages+ are the first things in a long time to get me really excited about jailbreaking again. I'd almost forgotten how much fun it can be.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
last night i did end up removing bite since it would not play nice with M+ and it is pretty decent for beta. i too am not getting anything when i select "take photo" or "choose existing", it does appear they're working on it

i also noticed the dismiss button on SMS banners, awesome! not sure if that is part of M+ yet

i know what you mean about the getting excited about jailbreaking again part. ISX is doing a really nice job with this and i honestly think $10 is a steal. it cracks me to read these people requesting trial extensions or anyone complain about the price

i like how Messages+ just naturally looks & feels part of ISX (obviously) i'm definitely going to give this a go for a while. just like moving on from LI maybe it's time to do the same with biteSMS. do you have M+ set up with an activator gesture as well or just stick with it in ISX?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Yep, went all in and am using M+ as a full SMS solution. Just reassigned my old Bite gesture for QC. I see that the MMS thing is listed as a known issue, so I'm sure they'll figure it out.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I could've sworn that bitesms had mms on qr and qc on iOS 4... And the templates are great, as well as scheduled messages... I think I'm a bite guy for life...
However is
Message+ included with isx? Or is it an additional purchase?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I could've sworn that bitesms had mms on qr and qc on iOS 4... And the templates are great, as well as scheduled messages... I think I'm a bite guy for life...
However is
Message+ included with isx? Or is it an additional purchase?

Bite has a ton of cool features (but no mms in QC), but the truth is I didn't use many. The one I used a lot besides QC and QR (QuickList) has been phased out, so I felt like it was time to explore other options...

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Messages+ comes free with a paid version of ISX. it's built-in to ISX

they're currently working on a stand alone version

royolpunk

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Messages+ comes free with a paid version of ISX. it's built-in to ISX

they're currently working on a stand alone version

okay so there's no app for it? I bought Isx and enabled the messages+ extension but I'm not seeing an app for it. the features work though

jackie treehorn

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
okay so there's no app for it? I bought Isx and enabled the messages+ extension but I'm not seeing an app for it. the features work though

there is a little bubble with a pen on it on the bottom right hand corner of the notification window when you pull it down. Tap that and then choose your contact and fire off the message.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

Correct. That's what BLiNK meant by "it's built-in to ISX" and "they're currently working on a stand alone version." The stand-alone version that they are working on is what you think of as an app.

nolhayes

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm strange. I like Bite and have no interest in even trying Messages+ because I'm so satisfied with Bite.

It doesn't bother me that there's no mms with qc because I'm just "qc-ing" if I need to send a picture that should be done within the app to make sure it goes through as desired.
Maybe I have no real desire for messages+ because I've never tried ISX+.

If I need to send a quick message I usually pull down the notification center and just type away, or reply to the person who wrote me.

sondo8

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I like sms+. It uses the native messaging app. You have to add insanelyi as a source.

I like it because you double tap the pop up message notification, siri will read it for you.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I like sms+. It uses the native messaging app. You have to add insanelyi as a source.

I like it because you double tap the pop up message notification, siri will read it for you.

SMS+ is in the default BigBoss repo; no need to add the other one.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm voting for bite SMS AGAIN!!! Here's my latest qr/qc theme
475e30d4-c78c-3469.jpg

I don't see messages plus with a theme...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711