Will an iWatch change your mind?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I recall reading posts where many of you stated that you do not or have not worn a watch in years, especially being that you can simply look at your smart phone to check the time, if necessary. Having said that, will the alleged upcoming Apple iWatch cause you to start wearing a watch again?

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I just recently started wearing a watch again, a "regular one" that I posted about in the Off Topic section.

IF the iWatch is not ridiculously huge, as so far every smartwatch has been, and is not hideous, which pretty much all of the smartwatches have been, I might consider one. But I need to see what comes out and what the sizes are before I make that call.

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I doubt I'll buy one. I'm going to be spending most of my money on a new iPhone and iPad most likely this fall. I just cannot see myself wearing a smartwatch. To me, right now at least, they seem useless.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Unless it looks like an utter dog, I will buy one. I like wearing a watch and I collect them anyway, from Rolex, to Breitling to Tag Heuer. An iWatch will be a nice addition to my collection.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I love a great watch & began collecting them a few years back but I doubt if I'll buy an iWatch. For me a watch is an accessory to my entire look for the day & I could care less how convenient it is, if its ugly I can't & won't wear it!! I preordered the Kairos Watch because it looks like a traditional watch but I may end up giving it to my mom since her phone is never with her. As I continued to think about it, a smartwatch is a tad too corny for my liking. Plus I'd have to have a ton of them to match my looks because I never wear the same watch twice in a week:)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I, too, wear and have always worn a watch. I can be looking at my iPhone, and still check my wristwatch for the time...lol...Like before, I'm still uninterested in a smartwatch. Of course, that could change once the alleged iWatch is released...:)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I would have to see it, Touch it, Feel it, Play with it and find out and imagine if it would fit in my everyday life since my watch now is quite capable of telling time and my phone does the rest.

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I can't see myself wearing an watch as I like my fitbit. If I were to wear a timepiece again it would be my vacheron.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I would have bought the original Gear with my Note 3 but the Verizon premium retailer near my house wouldn't get it for me so I ended up waiting...and waiting...and waiting.

I'm still excited about the concept of smart watches but I will definitely be holding out for Apple's offering now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods