What did Samsung just present? health related event 28 may

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
sammsung-health.jpg

just wanted to check if Im the only one being once again confused about Samsung's competitive strategy. They obviously reacted to WWDC (and iWatch rumours) and rashly announced a health related event for yesterday, presumably trying to steal Apple the show or just to make sure everybody knows Samsung claims to 'have dibs' on that market.

Now, they come on stage and present an unpolished gadget (I refuse to call it 'product' yet) for your wrist, talk a lot about stuff that has not much substance, and to top it all off are not able to project either price or release date.

I mean, really? What's the point of ANY of this? At Samsung, have stage events simply become the new marketing campaigns because it gets a lot of coverage for little cost? I find this event incredibly ironic, cos clearly Samsung are trying to convey 'hey, we're first to the watch/health game' but really this event is so much 'me too' to me, it's almost laughable. Or were they just showing some of the technologies that Apple will present soon, in order to dampen an enthusiastic reception of iWatch? (Like, yeah cool, but we saw that coming and Samsung is doing it too soon).

Opinions? Did anyone follow the Samsung show?