What features will the iWatch need to be stronger than its competitors?

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
One of these:

abamureg.jpg

/jk, couldn't resist.

via the tablet

graigsmith

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
It needs to be waterproof. It needs to have the battery life of a watch. At least a year. If I have to take it off repeatedly to charge it, I'm going to put my casio or seiko automatic back on, and forget about the Iwatch. It should a cool design. Maybe have a ring around the face that rotates to choose options or control apple tv's or other devices remotely. It must be a sturdy, utilitarian, well designed.

If it has to be battery hungry, like a smartphone on my wrist where every few days I gotta charge it. Then I don't want it, I'll just pull my smartphone out and use that. At the moment I don't see a reason for any of the other smart watches. Maybe apple can come in and really show people how to do a watch. But to do that it has to have parity with current watch features. NONE of the other people making smart watches have devices that are waterproof or have good battery life. They have these tiny backlit displays like an iPhone. Why. The only thing that comes close is the casio bluetooth watch. It gets battery life and water resistance right. And then does controls for iPhone music and stuff. I am thinking about getting one.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
It needs to be waterproof. It needs to have the battery life of a watch. At least a year. If I have to take it off repeatedly to charge it, I'm going to put my casio or seiko automatic back on, and forget about the Iwatch. It should a cool design. Maybe have a ring around the face that rotates to choose options or control apple tv's or other devices remotely. It must be a sturdy, utilitarian, well designed.

If it has to be battery hungry, like a smartphone on my wrist where every few days I gotta charge it. Then I don't want it, I'll just pull my smartphone out and use that. At the moment I don't see a reason for any of the other smart watches. Maybe apple can come in and really show people how to do a watch. But to do that it has to have parity with current watch features. NONE of the other people making smart watches have devices that are waterproof or have good battery life. They have these tiny backlit displays like an iPhone. Why. The only thing that comes close is the casio bluetooth watch. It gets battery life and water resistance right. And then does controls for iPhone music and stuff. I am thinking about getting one.

I think you may be disappointed. I doubt any smart watch is going to last a year like its dumb ancestors. ...but to see a least several days of battery from a competent smart watch would be nice.

Sent from 3 f IV 🔘

Stephen Boswell

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
It seems to me the iWatch has to be useful to make it worth what I'm sure won't be a cheap price. Just a fancy watch, fitness band, or notification center isn't enough. What I would be interested in seeing is a device that (paired with the iPhone) could be come my remote control for the growing internet of things. I like using my iPhone when I can to replace controls, but what if I had a band that used bluetooth to realize when it was near devices it could control so the top level options would change depending on location. Then it can be my full home and car remote control on my wrist . . .

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Must look good have a lot of inter grated features, Siri on board and a movement recharge system so you never have to charge it as well as water proof

I'm willing to pay 3 to 5 hundred dollars for a high end iWatch so I need Apple to not penny pitch on a cheap gadget

This will not be for the teenager crowd more like a board room dresser upper or an advert tech guy

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I doubt I'll be interested in the iWatch. At any price. I just don't have the need for anything like that. After the new and novelty wore off, it would sit in a drawer with other unused bric-?-brac.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It would require a comprehensive backend like Google's Android Wear has, which would significantly increase the difficulty of getting a smartwatch out for simply Google's competitors from then on out. Android Wear basically incorporates everything from Google Now and just having that amount of information available to a smartwatch is going to be a gamechanger, so Apple has to find some way to quickly get baked features to compensate for that lack in that regard and make up for lost time and competitive distance.

That would be the deciding factor as to whether a smartwatch platform would succeed sooner or later.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
It would require a comprehensive backend like Google's Android Wear has, which would significantly increase the difficulty of getting a smartwatch out for simply Google's competitors from then on out. Android Wear basically incorporates everything from Google Now and just having that amount of information available to a smartwatch is going to be a gamechanger, so Apple has to find some way to quickly get baked features to compensate for that lack in that regard and make up for lost time and competitive distance.

That would be the deciding factor as to whether a smartwatch platform would succeed sooner or later.

All of this sounds about right to me

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR