Songs in iTunes don't work because of exclamation mark

Omnath1

Mar 26, 2017
Visit site
Hey guys, I hope someone can help me. Around 30% of my songs (got 140gb) got this exclamation mark on the left side and i can't listen to them.

I already tried to change the iTunes music folder to another folder and then back but it didn't help. I could just delete my library and load in every song again, but then i have no ratings and so on, which are really important for me. all scripts I found are only for OS X and I'm on Windows 10.

Does someone know anything about that? I'm kinda freaking out because I didn't do anything and every song is there, I checked that, it appears to be unlinked to iTunes though.

Thanks for every help!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Press on the exclamation mark, choose to locate the file in a folder, find the file that belongs to that song and select it.
Do this for all songs with exclamation marks and you're good to go.

It's painful but beats losing your statistics.

Ps: I've done this several times myself, so I know how unpleasant the process can be.

Omnath1

Mar 26, 2017
Visit site
I know this is a possibility, but i have 20685 songs and I just saw its around 80% with the exclamation mark. Wont do it 16500 times... There has to be a better solution.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes, make sure your music folder is the same as it was before.
After that open Get Info on the very first exclamation mark and hit next all the time.