Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Transferring my Itunes library of songs from my Macbook to my Iphone 6s

I have had a 6s since May 18. I want to transfer my itunes songs from my Macbook to my 6s. When I try, it says my 6s does not have the latest itunes version. What? I just got my phone. As I persist, I am directed to subscribe to itunes match where I have to pay $25 a year to put my songs in the cloud so I can access them with my 6s. Is this the only way to get my itunes songs from my Macbook to my 6s? I thought Apple promoted itself as more seamless. Now I have to fork over more $ for Apple's "seamless" connectivity. I already have over 4 GB of space on my icloud. Can't I download my songs directly from my Macbook to my 6s?

Default Re: Transferring my Itunes library of songs from my Macbook to my Iphone 6s

Connect your iPhone 6s with the charger cable to your MacBook, open iTunes and go to your phone in iTunes
    Check if you have the latest iOS version for your iPhone and download if applicable.

Then follow the steps in this tutorial:
    http://m.imore.com/how-sync-your-iph...pod-windows-10

Default Re: Transferring my Itunes library of songs from my Macbook to my Iphone 6s

iTunes Match is a service offered by Apple for those who want to be able to stream their own music with their phone without having the music actually on it. Plus it's a storage and backup solution for those who want a backup of their music in the cloud.

You are not obligated to subscribe to iTunes Match.