iTunes library lost music but still on device - how can i save it?
I have no idea how but when i've opened iTunes today I realise that half my music is missing. My previous iTunes download files are also missing most of the music. I turned off auto-sync and connected my iPod and in the device library all my music is still there. If i sync my iPod now, will i then lose everything that is in my device library?
And if so, how can I move the missing music from my device library to my iTunes library?
- 07-09-2016, 07:05 AM #2
- 10,543 Posts
Re: iTunes library lost music but still on device - how can i save it?
Hi, welcome to iMore.
Yes, syncing your iPod will remove all songs from it.
It's best to locate all songs on your hard drive. If they're still there simply add them back to iTunes.
If you have any further questions please join our forum. We're happy to help.
- 09-23-2016, 10:46 PM #3iMore Nanite
- 7 Posts
Re: iTunes library lost music but still on device - how can I save it?
Then you can restore iTunes music from your device. There can be workable if you use a third-party program. Note that you should turn off iTunes before you connect your iPod to computer in case there would be something wrong occur. iPhone Data Recovery would be a good choice for you to recover data from iPod. Besides, you can use it to transfer file from iPod to iTunes/computer also.
Last edited by SmithDeri; 09-24-2016 at 12:59 AM. Reason: improve
- By vegas33139 in forum iOS 10Replies: 14Last Post: 07-13-2016, 04:02 PM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-09-2016, 09:33 AM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-09-2016, 06:34 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6Replies: 4Last Post: 07-09-2016, 06:29 AM
- By crazyspeedracing in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 07-09-2016, 04:10 AM