Music not playable after sync

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys.
I am trying to import some of my songs into my iphone.
i selectes some songs and was sending to my device one by one.
I also selected the option to convert the songs to 256k since most of my songs are in higher quality.
After the syncing is done, i noticed that sone songs in an album were greyed out on iphone, and when i select it it says that song is not available.
The sync button is always there, even immediately after sync (i don't think it was like this before), i press it again and it syncs some songs then finishes, still the same songs are unavailable. Press sync button again and noticed that the same songs are being synced.
Whats is weird is a complete album synced but only 1 or two songs greyed out.
I also don't enable any apple music features on itunes or music app.
Just made one test, deleted all the songs in in the device.
Selected one album that had the problem and synced only it. The problem appeared in the same songs.
Then i disabled the option to convert the songs to 256k and all the songs worked, but since they are ALAC it used 900MB of space, and i don't need that high quality on mobile.

jimkraz

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Convert your music to mp3. prior to adding, it could be that iTunes convert is damaging the files, I assume that your tracks are stored on your hard drive, I have seen some loading from discs and wonder why music does not transfer, it should be on your drive in a format your iPhone can read.

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Convert your music to mp3. prior to adding, it could be that iTunes convert is damaging the files, I assume that your tracks are stored on your hard drive, I have seen some loading from discs and wonder why music does not transfer, it should be on your drive in a format your iPhone can read.

I think the problem is mostly because some of my songs are above 44khz, and i made a test with only one song at 96khz, it do not transfer to iphone if not converted, but if converted inside itunes it do not play either. Seems like itunes converter do not like converting songs above 44khz.
I tried other song with 48khz, the song plays fine if not converted but if converted inside itunes it transfers but do not play on device.
I will have to find some program to downsample some of my songs and make a folder just for itunes.